Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mac ATV 128 Xclaim VR

I just got my my new Mac ATV 128 Xclaim VR tonight and when I try CM either the screen goes blank, the monitor looks like it goes asleep,or more frequently, it just hangs. This may be an init confict, but I have not had time to track it down. Anyone else having this problem?

Regards

Patrick Ford

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Patrick,

Not sure if this will work, but try putting the screen in 640x480 at about 75Hz refresh rate, then launch CM. If this works you can experiment with increasing the resolution and/or refresh rates. Please post back to let us know what happened.

Steve

It is definitely an extension conflict. I rebooted using a different Conflict Catcher set that is smaller and I had set up for CDROM games. The difference working RAVE makes is spectacular. I spent at least 5 minutes just moving around the screen.

I will give the low res a try. If and when I track down the offenders, I will let you know so you can add it to your database if someone else has this problem.

Regards

Patrick Ford

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks for the info Patrick! If you can figure out what is screwing RAVE up that would be great. I remember something messing my ATI software up, but can't remember what it was. It would hose the 2D acceleration, and everything would update in chunks. Thankfully I figured out what it was and fixed it.

Steve

I've had no trouble with my ATI 128 built-in to my B/W G3. (I'm still waiting for my Xclaim VR!!) You might try going either to Apple or better to www.atitech.com and get there lastest drivers. Check your drivers version number in "Get Info" or in your extensions manager. Maybe it doesn't like the "Video Out" extension. Sometimes games do not play out through the "Video out" on these cards.

The conflict involves the following 3 extenstions.

ATI RAGE 128 3D Acellerator V5.6.6

ATI Resorce Manager V2.0.8

and from Powerlogix

G3/G4 Profiler INIT 1.3

disable the last one and it works.

BTW, if I boot with the shift key down, I still get the rave acceleration. Odd.