My units are terrified of beeing LASED!

GEN Moore

No...they're not afraid of the laser...they're afraid of what will FOLLOW the laser!

You need to imbue your men with a more martial spirit. A pre-battle speech is my technique. Barring that...pop smoke and reverse. Remember that location and try to find who/where has LOS to it. Then hammer that spot. Or, more cheaply, try to get eyes on it. Ground troops with binos are an option. UAVs are a BETTER option.

A lot of times, no, there's nothing you can do. Precision munitions are bad that way.

Discussion here and some tips on how to manage this:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118098-question-about-being-lased-all-the-time/

As c3k says though - if your armour is being lased that's not a good thing cos whatever is behind it stands a good chance of being able to seriously **** up your armour!

ok,,,Thanx guys,,,

gotta do more experimentation in this area,,

find a way to get my men to attack whats Laseing them if

thats possible,,

I mean an FO with a rangefinder shouldn't scare the hell out of my Abrams!

[best defense is to go on offense thing]

I only got so-many turns in a battle,,so if my men are advancing 50ft and beeing lased then retreating 125ft

Ive got a problem!

ok,,,Thanx guys,,,

gotta do more experimentation in this area,,

find a way to get my men to attack whats Laseing them if

thats possible,,

I mean an FO with a rangefinder shouldn't scare the hell out of my Abrams!

[best defense is to go on offense thing]

I only got so-many turns in a battle,,so if my men are advancing 50ft and beeing lased then retreating 125ft

Ive got a problem!

Its a bigger problem when your tracks are burning wrecks! 

i think there needs to be a balance here like if i sent my tanks on a hunt order around a corner where i know there is going to contacts i need them to destroy and a BMP lases one he pops smoke well now i have no LOS and either need to move further forward (defeating the purpose as making them more exposed) or wait like five turns for the smoke to dissipate this really drives me crazy. 

You can't use modern armour like WWII tin cans with this modern stuff guys.The lasing warnings are designed to keep armour alive. BMPs can ruin even a M1s day with their 30mm cannon. Sending tanks around a corner into a waiting BMP is asking for trouble. I'd back off and either send in infantry to infiltrate the buildings or find another way round.

normally i would sadly in the first US operation you have a choice between going head to head with BMP's or T72's only 30 minutes to complete several objectives and destroy a company plus my tanks ended up winning the shootout just took an extra turn and some yelling on part to get their asses in gear lol 

Yes it should. 152mm precision rounds raining down on your M1 will not end well.

As Ken said it's what follows the laser where the problem lies.

Point well taken,,

think I'LL try sending in squads of soldiers in overwatch, then try to eliminate the "thing" thats doing the Lasing

and get its attention with the foot soldiers, supress it, the sneek-up the Heavies,,

well see,,

will experiment to find  strategy that works

[thank god Im in the habit of saving after every turn!] 

@ GEN Moore: I've always wondered if Jerry Garcia were Actually Dead.  My suspicions has been suddenly raised!  Oh, and Welcome to the Forum. You're in for a Long, Strange Trip.

LOL,,,,

Jerry garcia,,,oh-man,,I gotta get a haircut,,,

ur,,,uhhh,,,thats an old photo,,,,,,goota update my photo!

I thought I looked more Like an English Professor,,,

guess the general Moore thing is out the door,,,,

Thanks for the invite,,

but actually Ive been an on-off member for years, just

dont participate as much as I should,,

but Thnx anyways! :)

signed;

General Moore; 1st Armored Division Crimea Theater.

I'll pile in here.  Please note:

1.  US forces not currently equipped with LWRs, so we have no existing doctrine.  Behavior modeled in CM TAC AI is extrapolated/presumed.

2.  Vehicles in game DO know the azimuth of the lasing unit, and will normally (but not always) orient their armament / thickest turret armor, towards it.

3.  Lasers detectable by modern LWRs include:  laser range finders for tanks / IFVs, laser range finders for other weapons (recoilless rifles, sniper systems, etc...), laser designators for precision artillery, CAS or Attack Helo ordnance, and (importantly) lasers for beam-riding ATGMs.  Beam riders (eg. Kornet) are different than beam-designated ATGMS (Hellfire, for example) and have the potential to not set of LWRs, depending upon beam-width and spillover.  However, there is significant chance (increasing as the missile approaches target) that the beam would spill over onto the target and activate the LWR.  BL:  sabot rounds will usually follow LWR action within a couple seconds, but ATGMS could be as much as 20 seconds away. 

4.  Modern LWRs can discriminate between 'real' lasers and run of the mill laser pointers, etc... intended to spoof them.

5.  Active Protection Systems (APS) include both 'soft-kill' and 'hard-kill' components.  Both are tied to multi-spectral sensors, including LWRs.  If your LWR goes off, your 'soft-kill' system kicks on automatically, and that usually includes your smoke grenade launchers.  The smoke-popping isn't necessarily cowardly crews, but rather an automatic system response to a threat.  Crew could turn it off, if desired, but not necessarily allowed to.  Backing up, however, would be a crew level action. 

There have been long threads about using lasers for spoofing purposes, but apparently no one has fielded any hardware for this purpose. At this time getting lased means something has LOF and is about to ruin your day.  Reacting makes a great deal of sense,  there is no missile or main gun round out there that is going to make your track work BETTER.