Lt. Smash's Floating Icons for CM Black Sea

Lt. Smash

I'm pleased to release my floating icons for CM Black Sea. You may download the file here until the repository is available.  This mod replaces the default floating icons in Combat Mission: Black Sea (CMBS).  These new stylized icons are based on the U.S. Department of Defense Interface Standard (MIL-STD-2525C) and supplemented with NATO’s Military Symbols for Land Based Systems.  The icons have a slightly three-dimensional appearance so that they look like counters from traditional board-based war games.  And, when the icon blinks (i.e., the unit is selected or wounded), the unit’s national flag is displayed. Pretty cool!

LtSmashsFloatingIcons_BlackSea_zps34f777

Download: Lt. Smash's Floating Icons_Black Sea.zip

Edited by Lt. Smash

Hey neat idea.  Wait what happens with HQ, Snipers and FO's when they flash?

Great question! By default, the red side uses Russian flags and the blue side uses NATO flags.  But I've included a couple of extra files that allow you to swap things around.  So, the blue side can use USA or Ukrainian shared icons if you prefer.  I've also included optional files for Red versus Red and Blue versus Blue battles.