Vin's mods - Animated Text, Geometric Icons, Easy vis UI, Bases

Vinnart

Ordeal,

My avatar is the artwork of Joe Kubert. He did all the Sgt. Rock covers from the 60's to the 80's, and was the first artist that inspired me as a kid to pursue art. This is my favorite cover by him. The first time I saw it as a boy I just said Wow! I want to be an artist to be able to draw that. His talent and skill to draw Rock and Easy Co. from his mind with such expression is AMAZING! He was a master cartoonist to be admired. I am glad to show off his work to those who would appreciate it. I just put his name into a search and found this site where you can see more of his work, and read some of the books in video format by pausing and turning sound off. http://wn.com/sgt_rock_comics

Gummi,

I'm honored to be the subject of your 1st post. Welcome to the BF forum. The regular place where mods are uploaded and downloaded is the Repository. Here is the link: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=select&id=61

When CMBS first came out the Repository was not set up yet for the game, and with the new forum capability to upload files guys have just put the stuff up here too.

Edited by Vinnart

Nice work on the icons. I'm new to CM series, and wondering how do I go about to install your icon package? Little confused.

Another first poster! Welcome to the forum and to CM Spush.

TO USE:

Download either from this thread, or at the Repository, and un-zip the mod zip file.

Go to My Documents/Battlefront/Combat Mission/Black Sea/User Data/Mods, and put the folder "Vin geometric icons CMBS" in the "Mods" folder. That is it.

Some other mods such as the, "Animated text" mod have alternates to choose from. For that mod you would put either the "Light", or "Heavy" version folder inside the "Mod" folder.

To use any mod put it in the "Mods" folder at: My Documents/Battlefront/Combat Mission/Black Sea/User Data/Mods. Some mods come in folders showing the raw content (like mine), others pack it up into a "brz" file. Either way they go in the "Mods" folder to use.

• 2 months later...

Vin,

I noticed that using your animated text v1 mod with the new 1.03 patch creates this bug with the incorrect display of unit weapon names and the animated text. (see attached image below for example).  

Although I think it would be pretty awesome if the Squad Leader was in fact a Leopard 2A4 armed with a Leopard 2A6 and the random Joe in the squad was an A-10 Thunderbolt II!!!   :D

CMBlackSea13b9.png

Edited by xIGuNDoCIx

Here is a v1.03  compatible one of my original version for CMBS that can be used until Marco gets around to updating the graphics compatibility. Just put the whole folder in your mod folder to use. DO NOT USE ANY OLD VERSION of this mod as it is no longer compatible with v1.03. If you are getting screwy text remove the old one, and replace with this one to continue use.

LEGEND CMBS

Firing= (----------»
Aiming= \¤/
Cowering= [X]
Hiding= (???)
Medic= (+)
Casualty= †
Packing up= (UP)
Deploying= (D)
Reloading= ®
Moving=  >>>>>
Driving=  » » »
Guiding= (•••••=>

Vin Animated text original CMBS v1.03.zip

Edited by Vinnart

• 2 weeks later...

Vin's Animated Text mod CMBS v1.03 (Graphics version)

Concept by Vin

Graphics by Marco Bergman

Thank you Marco for updating the graphics version. This is only compatible with CMBS v1.03. If you are using the mod and are getting screwy text you are not using a compatible version. To use put either the "Light", or "Heavy" folder in your mods folder. Only difference in the two versions is "spotting".

Light maintains the word as a filter that can be ignored making the symbols stand out, while Heavy uses the graphic of an "eye" instead of the word.

Enjoy!

Vin animated text CMBS v103 light.zip

Vin animated text CMBS v103 heavy.zip

just emerged from another looong period traveling without internet.  thrilled with all the new mods and scenarios.  thank you vin.

btw:  has anyone modded the small arms icons to full color and including calibers and ranges.

Edited by Erwin

Hello Vin, I'm using your easy vis UI mode, and I found that some of the portraits for soldiers are changed to vehicle crew portrait. I checked that the Russian infantry have crew portrait. Not sure about US and UA. Could you check this? 

Hello Vin, I'm using your easy vis UI mode, and I found that some of the portraits for soldiers are changed to vehicle crew portrait. I checked that the Russian infantry have crew portrait. Not sure about US and UA. Could you check this? 

All I did was flip some of the portraits so they face in toward the information rather than out. Many of the portraits already had optimal facing in so I didn't touch those.  I didn't re-name anything so that is how the game is.