How to use the Khrizantema?

It was in several threads that the game engine can't handle elevated/extended devices and weapons.  It is a limitation...a bad one that won't be fixed any time soon as far as I can tell.  Same issue on both sides no nationalism involved.  US units are also limited.

I made some tests again.

Open ground 2100m facing eachother.  (regular,0 crews)

Khrizantema vs. M1

spotting first 6-4 for M1

winning duel 9-1 for M1

then I added  BMP - 3M (sthora) about 70m in front of Khriz

duels go 

7-3 for Khriz & BMP.

I also found that when M1 was immobilezed and crew jumps out Khriz stopped firing M1. After couple of minutes I run crew back into the M1 and only then Khriz finished the job and destroyed M1.

Cant they just cut off a dudes head an put in the launcher?  Being opened up lets you see from above the vehicle, right?  Can't some kind of work around be found using that code?  Like just make the gunner un there but invisible and with 100 percent cover save.  Then put some kind of explosive in his seat so if his seating area is penetrated he blows up.

Edited by cool breeze

Yeah, its something that screws over a bunch of units.  US ones primarily in CMSF, and now the Kriz in particular is hurt by the problem.

That weird "advance across the salt-flat terrain, here are some recon elements to help you" mission in the campaign best illustrated it.  You'd instantly get shot at by SPG-9's of all things!  From beyond their effective range.  :(

Edited by Nerdwing

Another thing . I have 3 khriz in hull down positions on a hill overlooking 4 km of flat terrain. There's a company of 14 m1a2s 4 km away. The khriz detects them and start firing. They fired 45 missiles in 10 mins. They were not detected but NONE of the missiles hit. Not duds, they simply fly away widly. I ran this test scenario many times. I think this is a bug

Edited by antaress73

On the other hand.. 4 of them killed three m1A2s (but they all died too) at 500-600 meters in my last game. Including one poor m1a2 who had both the front upper hull and the top turret penetrated by two missiles in quick succession. It exploded no survivors.

Edited by antaress73

I've been reading of the tactic in which BMPs are placed in front of the Kriz and pop broadband smoke, whereupon the Kriz lets fly in radar mode. This sounds great in theory, but my understanding is that these screens have lives of as little as 30 seconds--under good conditions. This would seem to make for some real excitement on the Russian end. Am I missing something here?

Regards,

John Kettler

Another thing . I have 3 khriz in hull down positions on a hill overlooking 4 km of flat terrain. There's a company of 14 m1a2s 4 km away. The khriz detects them and start firing. They fired 45 missiles in 10 mins. They were not detected but NONE of the missiles hit. Not duds, they simply fly away widly. I ran this test scenario many times. I think this is a bug

I am assuming you have no save or video.  Since you ran it many times, how about posting it.

I've been reading of the tactic in which BMPs are placed in front of the Kriz and pop broadband smoke, whereupon the Kriz lets fly in radar mode. This sounds great in theory, but my understanding is that these screens have lives of as little as 30 seconds--under good conditions. This would seem to make for some real excitement on the Russian end. Am I missing something here?

Regards,

John Kettler

Another similar tactic is to let the M1 pop their smoke and keep behind it for those two minutes, more than enough time for a kriza to get out of cover (1 minute) and fire a salvo (1 minute). Or, if the kriza is already in position, it can fire 2 salvos in 2 minutes.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Give it a rest already.  :rolleyes:

Probably should shouldnt I.

In any case dont use Khrizantema. Use Kornet troops instead. Its more often you get the chance to use the Kornet more effectively because of its shorter effective range and the fact that you can get more easily hideable Kornet troops than one big, fragile, and easily spotted Khrizantema.

Probably should shouldnt I.

In any case dont use Khrizantema. Use Kornet troops instead. Its more often you get the chance to use the Kornet more effectively because of its shorter effective range and the fact that you can get more easily hideable Kornet troops than one big, fragile, and easily spotted Khrizantema.

Sadly there's no alternative for Khrizantema - it's the only one ATGM which can kill Abrams with APS.

And Khrizantema is broken for now :(

Hope 1.02 will fix it.

Edited by animalshadow

What will be if there's a platoon of M1A2(APS)?You'll field 6 AT-14 teams? :D

What about 2 platoons? You'll spend all your QB points on AT-14 teams and will be rushing to victory with'em? :)

What will happen  if your opponent will decide to buy just infantry - "just for fun". You'll be fighting with AT-14 Battalion-size forces? 

By the way, if in our case M1A2 (practically any target) will be in woods ATGM shots will likely miss(http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118381-bug-report-atgm-misses-almost-all-rockets-trying-to-hit-target-in-the-woods/).

So it's looking like a nice solution in tests when you put one M1A2 on the open field and your 2 ATGM teams in good position.

In Medium QB US Army can field 6 M1A2(APS) with infantry and artillery support.

And 12 elite AT-14 teams will cost you ~2000pts, while Regular ATGM Battery(9x Khrizantemas) will cost you ~1500pts/4k rarity and you only need Platoon(3x Khrizantemas) which will cost you ~500pts/700 rarity.

I'm trying to say that while US Army have M1A2(APS)(Hopefully prices for APS version will be revised in 1.02 ) and Khrizantema is broken, red team chances are very low.

Edited by animalshadow

How is it "broken"?

It's not "all-weather" as said in Game Manual("The 9P157 is equipped with thermals, advanced optics, and a millimeter wave band radar system that allows
it to detect and track targets through any weather and obscurants such as smoke." p.107) and it can't spot/shoot from hull-down position as intended. 
Edited by animalshadow

2km everything regular etc atgms in light forest with 1 tree per tile

ATGMs kill M1: 3

Gap between respotting and getting shots off too big -> APS and M1 killed ATGMs in return: 17

better ratio than with the Kh-S (who in the same situation killed 1 and died 19 times often without even spotting)

only works if you can find a spot where the enemy Tac AI will likely not just drive straight backwards

obviously I never said this is supposed to be the end-all APS M1s solution, it's very situational but if there's a spot on a map where it might work it is better to put 2 ATGMs on it than a Kh-S, that was all I was trying to find out.

I've so far tried to cope with M1s by using cheap atgms to spook some and then drive an overwhelming force of T-90s against the rest of them also more at mines here and there

Edited by Kraft