Maps

Guest John Maragoudakis

Guest John Maragoudakis

Are players going to automatically know where there are or will they have to use a virtual compass, a 6 digit grid system and a topographic map? ie using triangulation.

Guest Big Time Software

Not sure how to answer this. The basic terrain is totally visible to both sides so there is no orientation problems for the player to master.

Steve

Guest John Maragoudakis

I guess at CM's scope, orientation problems have been resolved. I was imagining players going in the wrong direction, (in areas where there are little land marks).

Remember the film 'The longest day'? Remember John Wayne with his sprained ankle being hauled around in a wheel barrel. The germans had changed the signs around and John Waynes airborne unit had a hard time finding St Mere Eglise.

Guest Big Time Software

> The germans had changed the signs around and John Waynes airborne unit had a hard time finding St Mere Eglise.

Yeah, but that would pretty much suck as a game if the otherside didn't show up for the same battle you were playing... I mean, CM is pretty to look at and all, but fighting is a fairly important part of the game smile.gif

Pretty much explains why no wargame simulates getting "lost", even though it happend all the time in real war.

Steve

Guest John Maragoudakis

Simulating just getting lost would not make much sense. Simulating getting lost and running accross an enemy platoon would sting a bit more. The latter probably being less probable than the former. In future releases where teams might play against one another, perhaps such a feature might have a place since having a supporting player getting lost can have more dramatic consequences. Lastly, getting lost is just one result of bad orientation. Being late can be another.