Any voicemod coming?

Reiter

in a few days will be;) I have everything ready (voice for Americans and Russians - about 700 tones), but for now downloading a game with stunning speed, too 60kb / s (about 12 hours)

ps. will also be all the rest (motors, environment, guns, explosions etc - some 1,200 tones - 700mb)

- I have sounds for Polish infantry (I hope that in the next module)
Edited by waclaw

in a few days will be;) I have everything ready (voice for Americans and Russians - about 700 tones), but for now downloading a game with stunning speed, too 60kb / s (about 12 hours)

ps. will also be all the rest (motors, environment, guns, explosions etc - some 1,200 tones - 700mb)

- I have sounds for Polish infantry (I hope that in the next module)

will you have radio chatter sounds for russians or poles? i think that's one of the coolest features of your modern sound mod

Thanks, Splinty.

I have something in mind but need the right time to do it. I may actually be able to get some other "actors" involved this time. And if I do get then I'll probably be able to update CMBN's mod as well. But like I said, it's the timing, I live in an apartment attached to my uncle's house so I need to wait until he takes off (which should be fairly soon), I doubt he'd understand all the screaming coming through the walls.

Mord.

Insta-f*ckin' download the minute it's posted. Get all up in that motherf*ckin' sh*t post haste. ;)

LOL. Thanks, brotha! I still remember that awesome review you gave me on my second shot at the CMSF mod. It made the entire effort worth it.

Mord.

I use a voice mod that is a mix of different voices to get more variety. I would say it 50% Mord's, and the rest is a mix of some stock, and other voice mods. One idea to put out there to the voice modders is to perhaps incorporate some movie lines if possible. That would be one way to get other voices into the mix in an entertaining way, and there is lots out there to draw from.

I could see where that would be kinda cool but a big problem is making everything gel together and I always aim for an overall aesthetic if that makes sense. As far as my voice mods go I try really hard to make the files unobtrusive to the ear. By that I mean, draw you in and immerse you but keep them generic enough that you don't get drawn to any one wav file. Essentially I want them in the background adding to the atmosphere not upfront in your face. If I had say some quotable snippets from movies in there I think it would break the realism. That's just my take on it. Once it's out there people can mix and match to get the best results for their own ears.

Mord.

will you have radio chatter sounds for russians or poles? i think that's one of the coolest features of your modern sound mod

yes, it is "radio chatter" as the Americans and the Russians and the Poles .... - in addition, mods adapted to CMSF / CMA

Raiter

it was fixed, I will give it another version of the HQS for CMBN / CMFI / CMRT -

I could see where that would be kinda cool but a big problem is making everything gel together and I always aim for an overall aesthetic if that makes sense. As far as my voice mods go I try really hard to make the files unobtrusive to the ear. By that I mean, draw you in and immerse you but keep them generic enough that you don't get drawn to any one wav file. Essentially I want them in the background adding to the atmosphere not upfront in your face. If I had say some quotable snippets from movies in there I think it would break the realism. That's just my take on it. Once it's out there people can mix and match to get the best results for their own ears.

Mord.

What I meant was extract dialog from movies such as Tom Hanks yelling "Covering Fire!" from "Saving Pvt. Ryan" and such as an example. There would be lots of films to draw from. I didn't mean you saying movie lines.

What I meant was extract dialog from movies such as Tom Hanks yelling "Covering Fire!" from "Saving Pvt. Ryan" and such as an example. There would be lots of films to draw from. I didn't mean you saying movie lines.

Yep. I knew what you meant. My point was if you'd seen those movies enough those particular files would probably draw your ear. The second you hear the wav you are gonna go "Hey, that was such and such, from such and such movie, the scene where this and that happens" which in my opinion would take you out of the moment. The other problem would be getting clean versions without music and movie sounds being part of the clip.  And then there's the recording quality compared to other files. Mine, for example, aren't as clean sounding as some clips taken from other games. Like I said, it's all personal preference—what your ears enjoy. Someone could give it a try and see how well it sounds. Madmatt did an SPR mod for CMBO and it was so-so because of a lot of what I listed.

What's up Dietrich? Long time no see.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

The other problem would be getting clean versions without music and movie sounds being part of the clip.  And then there's the recording quality compared to other files.

Mord.

Yeah, I can see now how that could be a problem. Oh well, anybody out there do a good John Wayne imitation? Maybe we can get Mathew Modine to become a CM fan. He did a good, funny one in "Full Metal Jacket". :)

Edited by Vinnart