Body Armour?

With the amount of firepower involved and the loss rate I saw.. quite effective ! I guess it transforms what would have been a lot of red casualties (incapacitated) into yellow ones (lightly injured but still functional). Especially sharpnel from airburst ammo. 

Edited by antaress73

Shock Force without a doubt did, especially in terms of the difference between fatal casualties and incapacitated casualties. I remember an RPG-29 hitting a floor that had a Dutch fireteam in it; 2 men were incapacitated rather than killed, and the other two were only lightly wounded, and that's with a powerful thermoberic. By contrast, when I returned the favor with a few rifle grenades on a Syrian reservist group later on in the battle, carnage was wholesale, the entire squad was put down and most of them were fatalities.

The body armour definitely prolongs grenade duels and the ability to stay in a building through low caliber shellfire.

Which factions have body armour? I know the US and the probably also the russians have body armour, but what about the ukrainians? And is the body armor of different quality or do all sides that have body amour get a generic ballistic vest?

Which factions have body armour? I know the US and the probably also the russians have body armour, but what about the ukrainians? And is the body armor of different quality or do all sides that have body amour get a generic ballistic vest?

The Ukraine manufactures and exports a variety of military and police grade balistic vests that offer anywhere from Class 1 to IV protection. The pictures I have seen indicate a variety of models outfitting troops, possibly based on service branch. I believe it is standard issue for all combat arms soldiers (tank crews excepted)

A number of those were procured by the volunteers, so while the ballistic protection is/was near standard issue, the quality varies.

That said I would assume that from the basic scenario the Kiev Government had the ability to procure some sort of standardised model.

True, the game takes place in 2017. I would think such nuances as to vest standardization was easier left as resolved by then.