Misc. questions

Hello!

I've played CMBN before but have not played it for 1+ year.... but the release of CMBS has pulled me back into this genre.  So far, I am doing the tutorial missions and doing it slowly so that I absorb all that I can.  I always felt that I didn't know what I was doing in CMBN so I want a better gaming experience this time around.

A few questions to start with:

1.  How do I disable edge scrolling?

2.  Can I set the game to display as windowed-borderless?  That way, when switching between the game and the PDF manual (I play on a 3-screen Eyefinity setup + 4th touchscreen), the game does not have to minimize-to-taskbar.

3.  Is there a way to display FPS?  On ChrisND's YT videos, there is a FPS counter on the lower right of the screen.

4.  Please, please, PLEASE tell me there is a UI mod that displays all the Move/Combat/Special/Admin commands in one layout?  Having to switch constantly between the four is getting to be a pain, especially since there is a lot of unused real-estate on the lower border of the screen even in 1920x1080 res.

5.  Are there keyboard shortcuts to the Play/Rewind/Next Turn buttons?

6.  Is there a way to force the game to render on 1920x1080 res only?  Selecting the other options don't seem to do  anything, the game still spans all 3 screens no matter what option I select.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1.  How do I disable edge scrolling?

You can't. It's been asked for before, but not added to the toggles yet.

4.  Please, please, PLEASE tell me there is a UI mod that displays all the Move/Combat/Special/Admin commands in one layout?  Having to switch constantly between the four is getting to be a pain, especially since there is a lot of unused real-estate on the lower border of the screen even in 1920x1080 res.

Nope. I find that the best way is to map the most-used 80% of the buttons to easily-menomiced hotkeys and hardly ever use the click-menus.

5.  Are there keyboard shortcuts to the Play/Rewind/Next Turn buttons?

Nope.

You're welcome.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me there is a UI mod that displays all the Move/Combat/Special/Admin commands in one layout?  Having to switch constantly between the four is getting to be a pain, especially since there is a lot of unused real-estate on the lower border of the screen even in 1920x1080 res.

If you select a unit and press the Space Bar, a menu pops up where your mouse pointer is currently located that shows "Move/Combat/Special/Admin" as a menu, with sub-options available by hovering the mouse over the menu item. It's not exactly what you are asking for but you may find it easier to use than the buttons in the UI section of the display.

Edited by Cpl Steiner

Nope. I find that the best way is to map the most-used 80% of the buttons to easily-menomiced hotkeys and hardly ever use the click-menu

Agree - I have never used the UI to click commands, my left hand always selects the keyboard command ( I already knew most from CMx1 days, which helped - I just have to remap them to those particular commands - exactly why BFC changed them to be different to the CMx1 hotkeys - where the same command still exists - is one of the great mysteries to me ).

Although I always un-map the Dismount and Bail-Out commands so I can't accidently select those - for that I have to click the UI, which means I'm pretty sure I want to do that. Saves a lot of screaming ;)

I always remap my keys to the ones I know from CMx1 ( eg. X to clear target, V for Armour Arc, etc. Mostly different, except for T - Target, Y -Target Light and U - Hunt.)

fps info can be gained by running FRAPS ( freeware ) before firing up the game. Haven't really watched Chris' videos, might be different, but FRAPS does work.

Have you re-mapped the keys then?  Or are they similar to what CMBS hotkeys are mapped to?

I assume the default keymap in BS is the same as BN. I've remapped pretty much all the ones you're allowed to, personally. I'm afraid I can't remember whose version of the mappings I've adopted, but I just felt the mnemonics worked.