Kieme's modding corner

Hello guys,

I am sorry for the bad delivery, this is the best free site I could find, which also lets you upload files up to 250mb. I was looking for something like this because the terrain mod would require 10+ parts if I used the BFC repository, for example, and it's a mess (for many other reasons), not to mention that there's no CMBS support as of now.

This makes very hard to release mods for any of us, especially for me because I am not confident at all with the file sharing techniques on internet.

Anyway, I checked the files and seem to be all ok. It takes some time after you click the download button to pop up the explorer's download option, I only have Win7 and Explorer so I can't help you with other browsers issues.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Hello guys,

I am sorry for the bad delivery, this is the best free site I could find, which also lets you upload files up to 250mb. I was looking for something like this because the terrain mod would require 10+ parts if I used the BFC repository, for example, and it's a mess (for many other reasons), not to mention that there's no CMBS support as of now.

This makes very hard to release mods for any of us, especially for me because I am not confident at all with the file sharing techniques on internet.

Anyway, I checked the files and seem to be all ok. It takes some time after you click the download button to pop up the explorer's download option, I only have Win7 and Explorer so I can't help you with other browsers issues.

Its not working, no matter what browser I try.

Edited by Crinius

Kieme CMBS improved doodads mod

Download link:

https://app.box.com/s/6zw49zm80pzq860yd3q3p05qdl9ld8ws

Changelog:

-new bush in doodad brush

-new bush and weeds in doodad brush2

-new clover doodad

-reworked flowers4

-new marsh grass doodad

-new marsh reeds doodad

-new rock doodad

-new plant in weed doodads

-desaturated weed doodads

Preview:

7096wi.jpg

t89pia.jpg

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Thank you people, the buildings mod is 50% done, roads mod is 30% done, roofs mod not yet started, add-on for buildings is 50% done.

Meanwhile, this is the last ready to go mod I got, but I'm not 100% satisfied with it.

I wanted the modern concrete slabs in lieu of the vanilla blocks wall, because I belive that the original texture concept is more suited for a full urban setting, while in most cases we do need a modern wall to fit most situations and the concrete slabs are quite modern and common sight; the brick wall has Always been a troublemaker for me, you might want to consider this one as a gap filler (that's what I do) until someone comes up with a much better version:

Kieme CMBS alternative walls (HD) mod

Download link:

https://app.box.com/s/syqg4s9yz98y4vw8it85ik1b08fb2nh4

Changelog:

-new brick wall texture (modern red bricks) in HD

-new stone wall texture (concrete slabs) in HD

-new editor buttons for stone and brick walls

Notes:

-this mod is in HD (2x original texture size), despite that, it should have little impact on game performance since the original textures were of a very low resolution.

Previews:

ekpcu0.jpg

6z515e.jpg

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Glad you like this.

It's a hobby, but after some time spent modding CMSF and CMRT, after having learnt how to use the different instruments of a specific painting program, after collecting a lot of textures in a database, and after knowing quite well how the textures behave in game and what effectively is in the game, I must say that the modding process can be very fast; take the modular buildings, for example, I now use a simple method: find a good picture imaging a roughtly size of a 3-storey structure in game, medium size (smallr size will shrink the texture a bit, large size will stretch it); then mentally divide it in 3 parts and see if it can fit. If it does then I cut the part I need, resize it in a 2048x1536 image, or "master building texture" (which is exactly the size of the in game modular building, 3 storey high). Then I paste the image in a raw 2048x512 picture, make three of those (bottom/middle/top), and you got the most of the building done. Quick test in game (using a pre-made dedicated small map with buildings inside), check what it looks like near a soldier, check if it fits the other buildings, apply corrections to colors/definition/brightness etc., then add some weathering using decals. Then finish the details (such as balcony), find some matching door/window/longwindow from a pre-made database, finally make the normal maps using a free quick tool; one last in game check. The building is done. Could really make a lot of them, but if you need to make 30 clicks to find what you need it's not going to be pleasant to detail a scenario's map. That's why I will mod the 8 vanilla buildings and at max add 8 more new types, 15 clicks to browse the avilable buildings is more acceptable.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)