Sometimes enemy casualties disappear - memory issue?

Sometimes I will bombard suspected enemy positions without having a contact marker. For example the only "strong" looking house in a village.

In the game I just played, I fired tanks against both stories of two such houses. Then I moved in, but saw no bodies, so thought I wasted the shells.

After the battle, I checked again, and now the house was full of enemy casualties.

I reloaded and tried scouting out the houses again. In one of them, the enemy casualties came into view as my squad entered. In the other, nothing appeared. Then I clicked my squad, and in that moment, suddenly the enemy dead also appeared.

Is this due to some kind of memory issue? I'm not playing on highest details. I'm on a laptop with 8GB RAM and a not very good graphics card that shares system memory. So I could imagine it's due to my machine's specs, but I would like to know if it's an issue that would improve with a better computer.

Not sure if this has been brought up before, did some searching without results.

I reloaded and tried scouting out the houses again. In one of them, the enemy casualties came into view as my squad entered. In the other, nothing appeared. Then I clicked my squad, and in that moment, suddenly the enemy dead also appeared.

What difficulty setting are you playing on?  If you play on Iron and and have team A of 1st Squad selected you will only see what team A is aware of.  

If so, when your squad entered the building, could you have had a different team selected.  (That was in a different location and so could only see what that other team was aware of?)  Then when you selected the team in the building you could see what they were aware of.  (The dead bodies)

Just an idea of what might have happened that came to mind when I read your post.  (As I wait for CMBS to download.  Four hours to go on my fourth attempt)   

Can still take time - the interior is abstracted, but not assumed to be empty. I've had live enemy survivors pop up in a house I'd "cleared" after I'd "occupied" it for at least a turn.

That can be ... unpleasant ... if he's got an SMG  :o

Maybe this is the reason. I've never seen anyone hide indoors for that long.

Sometimes I will bombard suspected enemy positions without having a contact marker. For example the only "strong" looking house in a village.

In the game I just played, I fired tanks against both stories of two such houses. Then I moved in, but saw no bodies, so thought I wasted the shells.

After the battle, I checked again, and now the house was full of enemy casualties.

Is this due to some kind of memory issue? I'm not playing on highest details. I'm on a laptop with 8GB RAM and a not very good graphics card that shares system memory. So I could imagine it's due to my machine's specs, but I would like to know if it's an issue that would improve with a better computer.

Not sure if this has been brought up before, did some searching without results.

what difficulty level were you on and did you have a unit selected (not the unit in the building) at the time?