Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

• 4 weeks later...

Private Lysenko, a brave Ukrainian who survived the Russian assault nearly alone in his Squad uses his last two RPG´s to take revenge...

Together with the American Paras a Ukrainian Tank shows up and fight a Duel with an Russian Tank..hwzVoU3WLwTOFuJfL9B6IzaT_Bkf-wz3wHJnRVAZ

and clain another Russian victim...2kXqkfB3oWALPisPibIdz0_de1l6dGIZHPxSvnQp

Javelins are worth their money...

5Jo9Sr7JCah97N84iOnxAmjcDEG_RmjI3QjdLklL

another Tank wreck...

yvSJ308FWOfro2dcQJEj1CnjQgArBXgGjFTaa6M_

Very nice scenario from Spartan resolve Champaign...

Regards, Peter

Edited by PeterT

On 16/01/2017 at 0:33 AM, exsonic01 said:

Friendly match with friend of mine. He surrendered after that back-to-back homerun. 

Exploding an Abrams with a front turret penetration snapshot and then surprise another wow. Where did the front turret shot penetrate ? Turret ring or the area just around the gun mantlet where There is no DU armor ? 

1 hour ago, antaress73 said:

Exploding an Abrams with a front turret penetration snapshot and then surprise another wow. Where did the front turret shot penetrate ? Turret ring or the area just around the gun mantlet where There is no DU armor ? 

0:12 Upper front turret? That is Bradley, not the Abrams :) 0:25 was the Abrams kill with upper left hull penetration. But he actually killed 2 Abrams throughout the game, the first kill was ~20 sec before this video.  

PeterT,

Welcome aboard!

Private Lysenko did the Ukrainian nation, the UAF, his unit, his family and  himself proud. Two shots, two kills and some tire damage of some sort of BTR. Did he live?

exsonic01,

I've heard of loosing the dogs of war, but man, has yours got sharp teeth! A Bradley and an Abrams, but wasn't that a live Abrams in plain view at around 0:10? Sure looked functional to me. If so, why wasn't it engaged? What was the music, please? Liked it and found it very suitable. Also, are those stock skins or mods? If so, whose?

Thought your second video was of interest because it showed the Krizantema in action against troops in a structure. Are we to presume the havoc on the receiving end was thermobaric in nature? See 2:05 and 3:10 at Krizantema video below for the real thermobaric warhead in action.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

9 hours ago, John Kettler said:

PeterT,

Welcome aboard!

Private Lysenko did the Ukrainian nation, the UAF, his unit, his family and  himself proud. Two shots, two kills and some tire damage of some sort of BTR. Did he live?

exsonic01,

I've heard of loosing the dogs of war, but man, has yours got sharp teeth! A Bradley and an Abrams, but wasn't that a live Abrams in plain view at around 0:10? Sure looked functional to me. If so, why wasn't it engaged? What was the music, please? Liked it and found it very suitable. Also, are those stock skins or mods? If so, whose?

Thought your second video was of interest because it showed the Krizantema in action against troops in a structure. Are we to presume the havoc on the receiving end was thermobaric in nature? See 2:05 and 3:10 at Krizantema video below for the real thermobaric warhead in action.

Regards,

John Kettler

Thank you for enjoying my video. I'm not sure which tank you are asking, but all the Abrams you could see around the 0:10 are dead. Most of them are destroyed, a few of them are heavily damaged and their crews gave up the tank.

The song is "Let's Go" by Red Army Choir. Actually, the very first music with this vid was "Polyushka Polye" which make it even more dramatic. However there's copyright issue in the youtube ;) so I changed. The penalty is not that serious (you just need to agree with the advertisement) but just in case I modified. I will try "Polyushka Polye" next time. 

All vehicle skin is from Kieme. His mighty works are amazing, but it seems that he no more comes to any CM forums. Sad. And I used shader mod from BarbaricCo. BarbaricCo has his own skin mods for few vehicles, which is also good, but I still use Kieme's one. 

I'm not sure whether the thermobaric warhead for Khrizantema is modeled in CMBS or not. (I guess not) However, the KE from the speed of ATGM, and explosion of 8kg warhead would be enough to kill all boys inside, plus wreck the wooden building. The wood building usually take 3~4 AT-15 shots, but that building was already damaged by 203mm Malka so it just collapsed with two AT15s, with all those rifleman squad inside :P

3 hours ago, IanL said:

Cool two examples of ATGMs being used against infantry targets in the same minute. I wonder how frequently that is likely to happen.

I'm not sure my opponent command to shoot Javelin to my boys, or the AI just decided to do so by chance. However, the Khriz one is my order. I managed them to target the buildings to wreck it, like the second battle of Grozny style. :P

It was lucky to get that moment in the video. I just manually ordered my ATGMs to wreck the house, I didn't even know that there is a squad hiding inside. Right at the moment, they shoot Javelin to me, and ATGMs hit them with sweet revenge. ;)

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

@exsonic01 what vehicle mods do you use, doesn't look like the ones I have.

All vehicle skin is from Kieme. And I used shader mod from BarbaricCo.  

Edited by exsonic01

On 1/17/2017 at 4:47 PM, PeterT said:

yvSJ308FWOfro2dcQJEj1CnjQgArBXgGjFTaa6M_

Very nice scenario from Spartan resolve Champaign...

Regards, Peter

Hello Peter, for some reason, all of your pictures are seen as (-) sign to me. Could you reupload plz? 

Edited by exsonic01

exsonic01,

Thanks for the info. Have discovered something in the CMBS Manual (p. 107) I consider disturbing. Where there should be two separate missile types listed (9M123 and 9M123F), the manual shows only the first, 9M123, the HEAT warhead version!  Since the thermobaric warhead armed 9M123F was explicitly designed, tested and deployed to deal with troops in structures, trenches, etc., it seems to me that by not having the 9M123F available, the Russians are being deprived of a potent weapon they'd other wise have. If this has been corrected since release, fine. If not, this strikes me as something fairly easy to implement.

Regards,

John Kettler

excsonic01,

Forgot to mentio that while several sources list the Krizantema as having no fewer than four distinct missile types (HEAT and thermobaric each for LRR and MMW), the Russians have implemented a pre-launch switch which swaps guidance modes, allowing the Kriz to carry only two missile types, rather than four. Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to find that morsel again. Perhaps because I'm wiped out and barely here!

Regards,

John Kettler

11 hours ago, John Kettler said:

exsonic01,

Thanks for the info. Have discovered something in the CMBS Manual (p. 107) I consider disturbing. Where there should be two separate missile types listed (9M123 and 9M123F), the manual shows only the first, 9M123, the HEAT warhead version!  Since the thermobaric warhead armed 9M123F was explicitly designed, tested and deployed to deal with troops in structures, trenches, etc., it seems to me that by not having the 9M123F available, the Russians are being deprived of a potent weapon they'd other wise have. If this has been corrected since release, fine. If not, this strikes me as something fairly easy to implement.

Regards,

John Kettler

Wow, thanks to let me know. I agree, that if the thermobaric warhead is issued, than we should see that baby in this game. I wish to see 9M123F in CMBS in next DLC or patch. That would make the Khriz very useful platform for diverse situations in CMBS. How about introduce two models like airplanes: AT-armament Khrizantema (all 9M123) and normal Khrizantema (50:50 of HEAT and FAE)? 

11 hours ago, John Kettler said:

excsonic01,

Forgot to mentio that while several sources list the Krizantema as having no fewer than four distinct missile types (HEAT and thermobaric each for LRR and MMW), the Russians have implemented a pre-launch switch which swaps guidance modes, allowing the Kriz to carry only two missile types, rather than four. Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to find that morsel again. Perhaps because I'm wiped out and barely here!

Regards,

John Kettler

Aha, that could be the reason why we are only seeing 9M123 only in CMBS, but I think CMBS AT-15 is only using MMW isn't it? It should be OK to introduce F model IMO. BTW, Some sources claim that the AT-15 is able to launched by F&F mode but not sure that is true.  

Edited by exsonic01

exsonic01,

Methinks we have a miscommunication. Let me try again. As originally fielded, the 9M123 came in four varieties: HEAT with SACLOS LBR, HEAT with MMW ACLOS, thermobaric with SACLOS LBR and thermobaric with MMW ACLOS. What the Russians did, per what I read(?), was to devise a way to incorporate both guidance modes and user selectable, on one bird, thus leaving no need for two separate versions of each warhead type. Restating, a Kriz-launched  ATGM of a given warhead type may be fired using either guidance mode. Consequently, the Russians now have to carry only two varieties of ATGM into battle.

Regards,

John Kettler

On 1/24/2017 at 1:50 PM, John Kettler said:

exsonic01,

Methinks we have a miscommunication. Let me try again. As originally fielded, the 9M123 came in four varieties: HEAT with SACLOS LBR, HEAT with MMW ACLOS, thermobaric with SACLOS LBR and thermobaric with MMW ACLOS. What the Russians did, per what I read(?), was to devise a way to incorporate both guidance modes and user selectable, on one bird, thus leaving no need for two separate versions of each warhead type. Restating, a Kriz-launched  ATGM of a given warhead type may be fired using either guidance mode. Consequently, the Russians now have to carry only two varieties of ATGM into battle.

Regards,

John Kettler

Thanks for the explanation, now I clearly understand :)

Just in the nick of time...

CM%20Black%20Sea%202017-01-31%2009-52-24

A Russian ATGM takes aim at an Abrams...

CM%20Black%20Sea%202017-01-31%2009-54-13

But there is a precision round incoming on the pair of ATGM teams...

CM%20Black%20Sea%202017-01-31%2009-52-26

CM%20Black%20Sea%202017-01-31%2009-54-30

Great success! Great timing!

CM%20Black%20Sea%202017-01-31%2009-52-49

The missile impacts on this shed. Poor shed. I loved that shed.

CM%20Black%20Sea%202017-01-31%2009-55-39

Overview of a level of carnage that only CMBS can provide.

Edited by Chudacabra