Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

• 1 month later...
On 2016-07-26 at 2:58 AM, sburke said:

It was bound to happen sooner or later..... These men were told to recon the area up the road.  Friggin fresh out of boot camp and what are they doing...PokemonGo.  Recon means hunt for Pikachu?  WTF?!

PokemonGo_zpsoh4cryal.jpg

"Hey is that a Pokeball over there? I'm going over to fetch it ... wait, wait...GREEEEENAAAAADE!!!! Booom!"

The new Russian ploy - disguising grenades as Pokeballs :D

It's reshade 3 beta. Turn on MXAO, then tweak samplingdistance to something lower than default (since objects in the game are so small) to avoid stuff like black walls etc and increase sample count for more detail. Additionally turn on indirectlighting for some global illumination like shading. Performance hit is fairly small and unlike reshade 2 no transparent trees issue

Edited by kraze

10 hours ago, kraze said:

It's reshade 3 beta. Turn on MXAO, then tweak samplingdistance to something lower than default (since objects in the game are so small) to avoid stuff like black walls etc and increase sample count for more detail. Additionally turn on indirectlighting for some global illumination like shading. Performance hit is fairly small and unlike reshade 2 no transparent trees issue

Could you please post your config?  I'm having trouble getting it to do anything.  I want my game to look as beautiful as your screenshots!

bvD108l.jpg

Here's a MXAO config for Reshade 3 beta 9 (current)

http://pastebin.ca/3723134

After you've installed Reshade 3 for CMBS and created any config for it through in-game interface (shift+f2) just open <yourconfigname>.ini in games folder and replace default [MXAO12b.fx] with the one linked

iMXAOSampleCount - lowering this decreases performance hit, but also decreases AO quality. And vice versa

fMXAOAmbientOcclusionAmount - increasing this will increase the darkness of the AO shadows

On 9/27/2016 at 2:44 PM, kraze said:

Thanks for the info! I got the program and I've had fun tweaking the settings to see what things look like. I can see myself sinking a decent amount of time into getting things to look just the way I want them. Thanks!

3 hours ago, HerrTom said:

Thanks!  I learned that changing these settings, and even changing the object quality in-game doesn't affect my framerate at all!  

From a game of Ambush! I played with my friend (I lost):

<snip>

Stunning. Mind sharing your config with us for this?

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

These screenshots are stunning.  But, I don't understand what one is supposed to do re "Reshade 3 beta 9" to achieve this visual effect. 

Is this something that non-programmers should avoid messing with??

I'm no programmer myself, so hopefully it's not too difficult to do ;)

First, you download the reshade (http://reshade.me/) distribution

Then, I wrote a quick tutorial for you here.  If you need more help, don't hesitate to PM me.

10 hours ago, HerrTom said:

I'm no programmer myself, so hopefully it's not too difficult to do ;)

First, you download the reshade (http://reshade.me/) distribution

Then, I wrote a quick tutorial for you here.  If you need more help, don't hesitate to PM me.

Re the link, I got:

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

• This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.Go back to the previous page.

On 28/09/2016 at 8:00 PM, HerrTom said:

Thanks!  I learned that changing these settings, and even changing the object quality in-game doesn't affect my framerate at all!  

From a game of Ambush! I played with my friend (I lost):

MfZYw65.png

zdPbfGC.png

wwhMCG9.png

Were you ambushing or being ambushed? :) Excellent screenshots BTW

Edited by George MC