Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

I just noticed this post.  Nice job.  LOL I can tell from your posts over the years you specialize in MOUT.  Sending the second team in with the breach team was an interesting tactic.           

yeah live and learn the hard way.  I love watching the infantry in CM.  Put together a nice urban map with that and I am in heaven.  The armor and all is fun, but not quite as personal.  This was the first time I'd tried this.  The breach teams usually take care of whoever is already in the room.  It is the guys who come in afterwards that can be an issue.  Having a team positioned right at the breach point means anyone entering is usually walking right in front of them. I still lost two guys, but 13 of the enemy went down.  The Spartan Resolve campaign gave me ample opportunity to learn.  :D  I am really hoping to see CMSF or something like it in the up to date engine.  Between the newer options for map creation and tactical commands, it just makes it more flexible.

Just a few screenies from my Rolling Thunder campaign showing my heavy base of fire and infantry assault.

Attacking the Russians first MLR.

My Base of fire, overwatching my advancing infantry in the distance.

assault2_zpsc3bh2p4j.jpg

and to the left my Heavy Support base of fire

assault3_zpsl2l56c9r.jpg

The pixel fodder pepper pot forward

assault1_zpsi8nzeqgi.jpg

assault_zpsdy6qc6ua.jpg

Just because this took me by surprise

So I order my troop forward to get a bit of overwatch going ready for the next bound

assault_zpsgnjagxdh.jpg

and bloody hell theres a dug in APC and my tanks cant depress far enough down to kill it

assault3_zpsqzrhni60.jpg

fortunately he shifted his position a bit and the tank on the left blew it apart

assault2_zpsrtqemso0.jpg

and just to make REALLY sure the tank on the right shot it as well

assault4_zps2hb5a5yl.jpg

and a couple of very shell shocked russians throw up their hands in surrender

assault5_zpsmsrxoxhl.jpg

(in a very poor Polish accent)

Phew, that was some fight, time for a reorg lads and some tea i think.

assault_zps7jwajy87.jpg

Oh f***ing dear

assault1_zpsctetg6ip.jpg

Mass casualties from what looks like a thousand pounder from a russian CAS.

assault%202_zpsryhseisk.jpg

Bugger.

Bollocks to this lads thats enough for me today, time to hot foot it back to the rear and tell them ive sprained my ankle.

assault3_zpshmuy3wkl.jpg

Unfortunately that was a pretty much intact platoon, (the one from the pics in previous post above with the russian body in the foreground) that had just done a very good assault on the fixed russian emplacements.  Damn shame.

Anyway, forwards pixel truppen do not mourn your brothers because your sure to follow them with this crazy cigar chomping idiot in command.

+1000

I want to play it now.

it us the bear and the eagle campaign mission 3 rolling thunder.

Massive apologies, especially to Dragonwyn, this is actually his campaign scenario which can be downloaded in the mod section.  It's actually been a while since I played Black Sea and have only just loaded this bad boy up over the last week to finish it.  Awesome campaign up to now but you will need a good rig to play it as some of the maps are big.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I am and a massive thanks to Dragonwyn for creating it.

Edited by Doc844

What mission is this? I sure don't remember it in the stock US campaign. It looks sick though, I want to play it.

I may be mistaken but it looks like the mission Operation Hammer from my The Eagle and the Bear Campaign. I think its like the 5th mission in the campaign. Nice screen shots. And no apologies necessary just glad you enjoyed it.

Mike

Edited by dragonwynn

it us the bear and the eagle campaign mission 3 rolling thunder.

Massive apologies, especially to Dragonwyn, this is actually his campaign scenario which can be downloaded in the mod section.  It's actually been a while since I played Black Sea and have only just loaded this bad boy up over the last week to finish it.  Awesome campaign up to now but you will need a good rig to play it as some of the maps are big.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I am and a massive thanks to Dragonwyn for creating it.

Where can I download the campaign?

As my advance rumbles on with my American troops coming more to the fore a russian defensive position stands in my way.

"Hey Ivan you hear that"

"Nope"

assault_zpsd2vochfn.jpg

assault1_zpsevp4gvrj.jpg

Poor Ivan and the rest of his squad dont even get to hear the distant whine of the F-16's engines going full throttle as it evacs on Winchester.

assault2_zpslv2pwqgb.jpg

Quick (dumb) question since I seem to be the only one on here that doesn't know how to take a screenshot!  I don't usually take them, but a modded CMBS is a beautiful thing.  Tried the old PrtScreen button and pasting into Paint, but that doesn't seem to work anymore (it pastes the menu screen for some reason).  I've searched for an answer to no avail (I even tried a google search).