Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

Gone are the days when imageshack was free. They have destroyed thousands of threads thanks to their change over.

Mord.

You still get a 30 day trial, that' s why i always register a new account when i upload images at imageshack.

BTW recently i found an awesome 100% free game recording software. It' s called OBS - Open Broadcaster Software - and it' s so much better than Fraps. A 60 seconds video of CMBS gameplay is probably 1,5 GB if recorded with Fraps but only about 10MB when record with OBS. Naturally the 100 times larger video recorded by Fraps is of much higher quality, but if the only thing you want do is to upload it to youtube, quality doesnt really matter anyways.

During one PBEM match 

URtDiu4.jpg

Boom~! 

QTACn5r.jpg

What ???!!! all 3 of them dead? 

eOy4RWo.jpg

1 shot with 3kill by 155mm. Possibly a single Excalibur shell

Those units -knocked out by hammer from sky- are my units :(

I think this is because they were too close. IMO Shockwave or flame from the initial explosion affects on ammunition and fuel tanks of nearby vehicles.

Still, it was too brutal. :(

Edited by exsonic01

Yeah, that happens sometimes with 155mm shells. But your units were quite bunched up, keep them further apart and arty wont be that devastating.

BTW whose icon mod mis this and where can i get it?

BMP-3 and alike never finish to surprise.

I have recently witnessed several similar situations:

A BMP-3 driving at full speed, hit by an ATGM, destroyed, few seconds later a BTR-82 passes by, secondary explosion on the BMP-3 (huge), the BTR-82 is destroyed.

A BMP-3 hit by a 120mm mortar round, huge explosion, nearby BMP-3 destroyed as well.

I belive you can't qualify for a CMBS player if you never lost something else due to one of your BMP-3 explosion.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

The point is not to rush in with BMP's :). Here's what BMP's were designed for:

From a platoon reinforced by a tank to to a separate squad:

msv_nastup4.gif

msv_nastup1.gif

1606-1-f.jpg

Granted this stuff was designed for the 80's conventional conflict, it still holds when dealing with BMP's when attacking. This also makes sure you keep your troops safe from ERA, APS and secondaries. Try it when playing the Russians. 

Yes, that is right. The graph reads "up to" 50m, so the spacing is governed by geography. However the better LoS between squads is, the further to those 50m you want to get. Also, if you notice a tank is 100~200m apart from infantry, that is how late 80's tactics incorporated full scale usage of Arena/Drozd type of APS and K-5 ERA. If your tank lacks those, you would probably want them slightly closer. Also, this area ~250x300m was though to be ideal if squad comms break down due to E-WAR.

Edited by BTR

Yeah, that happens sometimes with 155mm shells. But your units were quite bunched up, keep them further apart and arty wont be that devastating.

BTW whose icon mod mis this and where can i get it?

Yes his precision strike was waiting for that. 

I'm using Bil's NATO floating icon beta 3

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118238-bils-nato-floating-icon-set-beta/?p=1583358

BMP-3 and alike never finish to surprise.

I have recently witnessed several similar situations:

A BMP-3 driving at full speed, hit by an ATGM, destroyed, few seconds later a BTR-82 passes by, secondary explosion on the BMP-3 (huge), the BTR-82 is destroyed.

A BMP-3 hit by a 120mm mortar round, huge explosion, nearby BMP-3 destroyed as well.

I belive you can't qualify for a CMBS player if you never lost something else due to one of your BMP-3 explosion.

Yes, I also find out that those secondary explosions of Russian vehicles are deadly as well as an another 155mm shell. I'm glad that now I'm qualified as a real CMBS player lol. 

Yes, that is right. The graph reads "up to" 50m, so the spacing is governed by geography. However the better LoS between squads is, the further to those 50m you want to get. Also, if you notice a tank is 100~200m apart from infantry, that is how late 80's tactics incorporated full scale usage of Arena/Drozd type of APS and K-5 ERA. If your tank lacks those, you would probably want them slightly closer. Also, this area ~250x300m was though to be ideal if squad comms break down due to E-WAR.

Thanks for good pictures and advice. I was trying not to closely gather around the vehicles, but it was not easy, I was hiding behind the smoke clouds, and advance under smoke cover. Smoke induces narrower front, and there was a bit of durp with my control. All of those make sometimes a packing of vehicles. I think I need to practice more of smoke advance tactic. 

Yes his precision strike was waiting for that. 

I'm using Bil's NATO floating icon beta 3

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118238-bils-nato-floating-icon-set-beta/?p=1583358

Bil has removed his DL link :( could you be so kind and upload them via Dropbox or send them to me by other means?

EDIT: Ah wait, i found another DL link.

Edited by agusto

i hate you too lacroix. thanks for showing everyone else how right i was when i started trashing you for your idiot comments about women in the kitchen months ago. I mean with your maturity level hiding messages like steve is evil dictator house of martyrs and i hate ianl sublime and womble how could anyone fail to see your genius. its obvious you got banned because bfc felt threatened by your greatness

Edited by Sublime