Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

That's what I thought, surprise surprise it still managed to spot and destroy a T-90A from about 500m...

What surprised me was the reaction of the crew. They never even had a single line of suppression. Now, I am sure that a Veteran US Army tank crew wouldn't panic so easily, at the same time, I can't imagine what kind of sensations you'd have during minutes and minutes where you could hear hundreds if not thousands of projectiles hitting your tank, and rapidly destroying all your systems...

If it was for me should have created a certain pin down effect on the crew.

I would not want to stick around, that's for sure. Lucky the gun still worked!

That's what I thought, surprise surprise it still managed to spot and destroy a T-90A from about 500m...

What surprised me was the reaction of the crew. They never even had a single line of suppression. Now, I am sure that a Veteran US Army tank crew wouldn't panic so easily, at the same time, I can't imagine what kind of sensations you'd have during minutes and minutes where you could hear hundreds if not thousands of projectiles hitting your tank, and rapidly destroying all your systems...

How did it spot the T-90A before being spotted itself? . The optics are all messed up. Unbuttoned and used the emergency aiming optic slaved to the gun ?

That's what I thought, surprise surprise it still managed to spot and destroy a T-90A from about 500m...

How did it spot the T-90A before being spotted itself? . The optics are all messed up. Unbuttoned and used the emergency aiming optic slaved to the gun ?

That's what I thought, surprise surprise it still managed to spot and destroy a T-90A from about 500m...

Im not even going to say it, I will let said picture demonstrate :P

7cf63ba8-7c53-431d-82bb-f0124a2ba717.jpg

God how I love how it gets people mad.

Edited by Stagler

He has said as much.  What a total waste of space on this forum.  Time to add this guy to my ignore list.  The criteria for that has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with someone and everything to do with the answer to the question "is reading their posts a waste of time"?.  After this I will only have four people on that list and two of them have since been banned.

Im not even going to say it, I will let said picture demonstrate :P

God how I love how it gets people mad.

Stagler, I'm not interested in accommodating trolls here, especially not self-professed ones. If you continue along this current MO of goading people into snapping back at you, you are not going to have an account here for much longer.

If your post doesn't actually add something to the discussion, don't post it. Plain and simple.

Some optics are destructible and some are not, so it's actually not possible to completely blind a tank.

Unfortunately for Stagler's agenda this is not unique to the Abrams or even US equipment, it's just how the vehicle subsystem model works in CMx2. In fact this was discovered several years ago by testing a German Tiger I in CMBN.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

Speaking of sub-systems, and I apologize for the off topic discussion, can the M1 gun be knocked out? I am asking because some tanks show the main gun sub system in their list, some Others not, maybe it's there, but the list is too long for the interface.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Speaking of sub-systems, and I apologize for the off topic discussion, can the M1 gun be knocked out? I am asking because some tanks show the main gun sub system in their list, some Others not, maybe it's there, but the list is too long for the interface.

Yes :)

Some optics are destructible and some are not, so it's actually not possible to completely blind a tank.

Unfortunately for Stagler's agenda this is not unique to the Abrams or even US equipment, it's just how the vehicle subsystem model works in CMx2. In fact this was discovered several years ago by testing a German Tiger I in CMBN.

Mores the pity eh!

How does it manage to hit stuff when the optics are disabled. The option to target is greyed out, and I thought that optics included all optics including backup gun sights. My guess is that because the AI use a different algorithm and constantly have a circular target around them, so it probable ignores this.

It is a legacy problem that goes back further than CMBN Vanir, in CMSF it happened once with an M1 that PurpHeart had which I hit with air fires a hundred times. I only found out until the end that it had its subsystems knocked out because it was still there and manned at end game.

Oh yes - my M1s have lost a few guns.  That list can get quite long for the modern game and some stuff falls of the end of the list.  The list is sorted based on damage so once something becomes NS it will jump to the top.  So, it is a good thing the main gun is not visible in your list :)

Yeah that was a nasty first turn for my poor UKRs. Revenge for our previous games I guess! lol

Sorry! Ok I'm not sorry, just not gloating. ;)

This is also the first time I've seen one of my UAVs shot down. Well done! Nasty piece of business that Tunguska... :)

Edited by Bud_B