Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

Wow that looks good. A little bit too polished for a war zone, but otherwise great.

ya i thought so as well ill be changing that if i go further with this.

Here is a attempt at a new SVD-M new scope stock and mag(cant see) doubled the resolution too.

CM%20Black%20Sea%202015-02-24%2018-17-34

havent tried the barrel and receiver yet...

Wonder how the secondaries killed the front seat occupants of the opposite vehicle? Paper BMP stronk!

Looks buggy, front BMP armor protects against at least .50 so its 40-50mm (39mm sloped actually so about 50mm) . I find it hard to believe this is realistic ! Its the same thing as javelin side by side BMP double kill.. Side armor is weak though.. The reason: must remain amphibious

Edited by antaress73

Just to quickly clear up with regards to that death-by-secondary BMP3: the crew were fine, it was the infantry in the back seats that got the collander treatment. Assuming that it was the ammunition in the first vehicle cooking off (the full load as well: this was turn 1), I personally reckon that that's a sizable enough explosion to send vehicle fragments through the side of the second BMP and probably generate a big enough shock wave to do nasty things to the squishy humans inside. Both BMP3s were 'destroyed' rather than knocked out. Of course, I have no personal experience of big explosions (this is good) but that's my two pence.

Looks buggy, front BMP armor protects against at least .50 so its 40-50mm (39mm sloped actually so about 50mm) . I find it hard to believe this is realistic ! Its the same thing as javelin side by side BMP double kill.. Side armor is weak though.. The reason: must remain amphibious

Dont know what your talking about Antaress? Aggressor Russian comrade BMP is modeled perfectly to design standards percieved by western game developers, there is no bias for HATO superior 'murican designs whatsoever

As an anecdote to the above glorious comment. BMP-2M is actually more survivable ingame than BMP-3M. Even with ERA, Arena does however provide increased surivability because of its intercept system. Shtora is widely useless.

Comrade BMP-2M will survive several hits to front and turret - from HATO 25mm and still function as gloriously designed by superior Russian industry.

Edited by Stagler

I saw that secondary kill of front crew in the other BMP-3. The explosion of the first BMP-3 was extremely huge (that's the largers modelled by the game), so it has to show extreme consequences at a short radius. The game shows this by Killing the people in the front compartment, in truth you might see the second BMP-3 loosing the entire front part, just like a car crashed. The second BMP-3 could even be flipped by the explosion.. that's just not modelled by the game.

Look at the hummer killed by a 125mm round on top, with that hole you are pretty sure the kinetic energy could have made the entire vehicle filp on itself.

Anyway, that BMP-3 event? Pretty fantastic in my opinion.

first event, first reaction (first shot BMP-3 killed), second reaction (troops still alive leaving the vehicle)

second event (secondary explosion), third reaction, troops nearby killed, fourth vehicle nearby hit, fifth reaction crew hit

A very extensive list of cause/effect modelled by the game, and all with a single input by the player (or even without, if the shooter was the AI).

Edited by Kieme(ITA)