down load speeds 100kb/s

Mastiff

It is the grim reality of many areas in the world. You have download limits and you can only choose between the limit size. Many developed countries have such system which is quite a bummer especially knowing some less developed countries surpass them with internet accessibility and quality.

Yup.

Options for a customer are always limited by economics. The fewer people in an area, the less likely free market or government investment in infrastructure. Satellite, wireless, and wide area networks have inherent technical limitations. Which means even when these services are possible for a specific location, they come with major limitations on bandwidth.

Personally, I live in an area that has 4 people per square mile (1.6km2). North of me the population is almost 0 until you get over the North Pole and head south into Europe ;) Definitely not much incentive to provide services to my area. I was on dialup until about 6 years ago, so I know my options could be worse.

Steve

Citrix update. Today they say they now fully understand the problem and are implementing a solution. I do not know when this will be complete, but I will update this thread as information comes in.

The problem seems to have started on Thursday, one day before we released. Obviously the timing was not good for any of us.

Steve

We now have a 4 segment download available. This is good for people with download limits (like me!) or those who are not having success with our special one file link. The idea is that even if something goes wrong, it will go wrong with a 500MB file instead of a 2GB file. I also suspect smaller files have a better chance of success.

If you need this option, please contact our Help Desk and file a Ticket.

If you are going to install this on a Mac, we only have a single file option at the moment. MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY THAT YOU NEED THE MAC VERSION!!!! Nobody wants you to go through this workaround only to wind up with a perfectly functional Windows version :)

Steve

Citrix update. Today they say they now fully understand the problem and are implementing a solution. I do not know when this will be complete, but I will update this thread as information comes in. The problem seems to have started on Thursday, one day before we released. Obviously the timing was not good for any of us.Steve

Ugh, retrograde Mercury doing it's thing I guess. ;)

May the technological gods give you a fast and reliable solution. You might want to speed up the process by calling Citrix and letting them know their stock values are walking on a dangerous cliff's edge. One wrong move and... :D

Great news on the segmented downloads I used to have a 10gb cap! I have since switched ISP to an unlimited cap, but still don't get great d/l speeds. So this news from Steve is very welcome. Another example of them accepting they have an issue that they can help their customers with. I think now I have seen that I can go ahead and buy the game.

Clearly I do not speak for Steve but here are my thoughts.  The trouble with torrents is anyone can get one started and off it goes.  I could take their installer tweak it so it runs my installer first and does all kinds of stuff to *your* computer that I might benefit from and then run the regular installer.  How do you know if you are downloading my modified version or the real thing?  If they are clear that their files are not distributed via torrents then any torrents out there is not from BFC.  No mystery no one would trust the torrent version. 

If they do an official torrent version then my fake one might actually get some traction and BFC really has no way of stopping me.

Yes, I know they could publish CRC check sums so customers could tell which was which but how many people really know what to do with that?

If they do not have an official torrent then there is no confusion.

Citrix update. Today they say they now fully understand the problem and are implementing a solution. I do not know when this will be complete, but I will update this thread as information comes in.

The problem seems to have started on Thursday, one day before we released. Obviously the timing was not good for any of us.

Steve

It started before then. I've been having the problem since December if is indeed the same problem. 

It is possible you started seeing it before they were aware of it. Often there is a lag if the problem is subtle. And from what I can tell, this problem is very subtle. This is a Fortune 500 company with 8000+ employees who have been providing services for the Internet when it was still in diapers. Yet they are only just now getting a handle on the problem and still haven't fixed it. That tells me the problem was definitely "subtle".

I know I wouldn't want to be the Citrix engineer in the hotseat at the next board meeting :D

Steve

Dang. You even tried the 4 file segmented version? If not, send (or reopen) your ticket and we'll get the links to you.

Hopefully now that Citrix has identified, and actively fixing, the problem things will go better for you soon.

We are still trying to figure out when the physical goods will ship. There was a last minute issue with printing the manuals, so nothing is going out this week. If we're lucky, things might start shipping at the end of next week.

I sorta "funny" thing is usually we run into last minute problems with the game itself, which generally means the manuals are sitting around gathering dust for a week or two waiting for the game. This time the the game launch went unexpectedly smoothly (Citrix is a post release problem) and the manuals had a last minute glitch. They should be printed within a day or two, but it takes a while to get them shipped to us and sorted for mailing.

Steve

Just purchased my xx-Battlefront game...

And now... i cannot believe my eyes!! 26h download time!! Battlefront, i'm a loyal customer... but this is driving me mad! I never experienced such a thing. I mean, i'm so hungry to see the game! And now... Sorry, i'm acting like a kid, but i cannot believe it. A torrent would be the answer! Why not? I've read "pirate copies", but: you gave unique serials - so what's the problem?? Uffff!!

Edited by Hafer

And now... i cannot believe my eyes!! 26h download time!! Battlefront, i'm a loyal customer... but this is driving me mad! I never experienced such a thing. I mean, i'm so hungry to see the game! And now... Sorry, i'm acting like a kid, but i cannot believe it. A torrent would be the answer! Why not? I've read "pirate copies", but: you gave unique serials - so what's the problem?? Uffff!!

Try filing a ticket to the help desk. http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

Blue button on the upper right corner.

Specify that you are having a download problem and whether you use a PC or Mac. They'll give you a different download link for you to try that should help you.

Try filing a ticket to the help desk. http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

Blue button on the upper right corner.

Specify that you are having a download problem and whether you use a PC or Mac. They'll have a different download link for you to try that may help you.

and still the support is superb! Thank you for your immediate answer, Chris!!

Read official explanations and guidance in case of download problems below.  

Update!

It appears some of the people having download issues are getting nailed by a Citrix problem.  I just got off the phone with them and they have been working on an unknown latency problem for the last few days.  They haven not identified it yet, unreliable speed and integrity are the symptoms.  However, for some of you the problem appears to be more-or-less standard issues which people run into even when Citrix is running perfectly.  Unfortunately, there's no way to sort out which is which.

The advice they gave me is similar to the advice we've been giving out:

1.  Try multiple times

2.  If you have access to a different ISP, try that

This is on top of the usual advice we give, which is to not use a download helper, switch browsers, and contact our Help Desk if the problem persists.  The link we're providing is also on Citrix' servers, but having a different link may be enough to slip by whatever is causing the problem.  It's helped quite a few people who have been stuck so far.

Unfortunately, we have to wait for them to fix the problem.  It could be hours, it could be days.  There is no way to tell.  Since Citrix is a S&P Fortune 500 company, they will want to get this fixed before it hits the media and their stock takes a hit.

Steve

Steve

Guys, if you are having problems go to the Help Desk and file a Ticket!  We'll send you a direct link that has helped almost everybody so far.

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com

Steve

We now have a 4 segment download available. This is good for people with download limits (like me!) or those who are not having success with our special one file link. The idea is that even if something goes wrong, it will go wrong with a 500MB file instead of a 2GB file. I also suspect smaller files have a better chance of success.

If you need this option, please contact our Help Desk and file a Ticket.

If you are going to install this on a Mac, we only have a single file option at the moment. MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY THAT YOU NEED THE MAC VERSION!!!! Nobody wants you to go through this workaround only to wind up with a perfectly functional Windows version  :)

Steve

Bottom line: It's not direct Battlefront's fault but server provider who hasn't fixed the problem yet. Just contact Battlefront's helpdesk for help.

Good luck. 

Edit: Emued by Chris. :D

Edited by Hister

I see, that said don't you get social projects by the government to provide broadband Internet access for everyone? Because we do.

Yup, there are all kinds of programs like that. In fact, the service I'm using is partly the result of government funded program. The extent of the problem in the US is actually quite small. Some studies show only 1% of the population is without broadband access of some type. The issue is that for perhaps 4-5% of the people covered they have expensive/restrictive wireless services like I do.

I don't know what Russia's services look like, but I doubt it is 100% good bandwidth for everybody.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/halsinger/2013/02/26/is-the-u-s-losing-the-broadband-race-as-it-turns-out-we-look-a-lot-like-danica-patrick/

As for the torrent... it isn't good standard practice. Plus, Black Sea is not the only game affected, even if it is the most problematic at the moment. It is simply impractical for us to move our entire catalog of games into torrents.

Steve

As for the torrent... it isn't good standard practice. Plus, Black Sea is not the only game affected, even if it is the most problematic at the moment. It is simply impractical for us to move our entire catalog of games into torrents.

Steve

Ok, thank you for your answer. So if its a temporary server problem.. **** happend. I ve to say: i never had problems downloading your games. But you know, when you got home after hard work, your wife is visiting her mum and you have one evening (in weeks) where you can enjoy combat mission.... ;-)

But you know, when you got home after hard work, your wife is visiting her mum and you have one evening (in weeks) where you can enjoy combat mission.... ;-)

Ah yes I read you man! Mine wants to be entertained all the time too. I highly suggest you pack your things and tell her you are going to be away for a couple of days stating whatewer reason. She will like you more if you say you are doing something manly like going on a hunt or trekking with your friends. Find some plece where you can connect your comp, shut off your phone and enjoy CM goodness.   

Ok, thank you for your answer. So if its a temporary server problem.. **** happend. I ve to say: i never had problems downloading your games. But you know, when you got home after hard work, your wife is visiting her mum and you have one evening (in weeks) where you can enjoy combat mission.... ;-)

:D

Thanks for the thanks. And yes, this is a temporary problem which I hope is already fixed. Certainly we have seen a decreasing number of people having problems. Today has been especially nice! Yet the volume of orders has been about the same for several days now. A pretty good indication that things are getting better.

Steve