is wounded personel carried over in campaign games, or do they affect Victory Points?

Hey all,

Just played a QB and wondered wheather the WIA status is relevant in terms of victory point calculation, or if they are carried over in campaign games return as reinforcements at some point?

Thank you,

A

EDIT: Just found the relevant pages in the manual. I had a typo in my search term, sorry. Still: What about Campaign games?

Edited by Calgar

I do not think that WIA factor into the total campaign victory point calculation. I think only battle victory conditions of individual battles are considered, but after reading the manual I have no idea how this is handled. The description in the manual is fairly poor and lacking in detail as to how this is handled. Very confusing.

I don't really think that they come back as reinforcements, wounded soldiers could still take many weeks or even months before a full recovery, and the campaign timeframe is much smaller.

There's a "chance", which has to be entirely arbitrary, since a campaign's timeline could now stretch, in FI at least, across a whole year, potentially, and there's no mechanism to inform the "campaign engine" of the gaps between battles. "Red cross-base" wounded could be rendered hors de combat by relatively acute wounds, like being rendered unconscious by a grazing shrapnel hit to the helmet: plenty to subdue the trooper for a half hour firefight, but I don't think they had the concussion stand-down protocols of modern contact sports, for example, so such a casualty might well have been "fighting fit" the next day, or even a couple of hours, some smelling salts, a bandage and a cup of tea later. "WIA" troops haven't all had pulverised organs or shattered limbs.

Thank you all for trying to shed some light onto this issue. Yes I think The manual does indeed a poor job in elaborating the mechanisms.

I don't really think that they come back as reinforcements, wounded soldiers could still take many weeks or even months before a full recovery, and the campaign timeframe is much smaller.

I totally agree! I was just wondering what the incentive actually is to perform buddy aid, except for the "realism". I think it would be great if only half of the points would be alocated for a WIA, and double the VPs for a POW. Dedicated Medical Teams would be also a nice thing to have.....

to an extend, the WIAs become available in the campaign again, since according to the manual, 50% of the WIAs turn into KIAs, the rest becomes available again. 

Regards,

A

...was just wondering what the incentive actually is to perform buddy aid...the WIAs become available in the campaign again, since according to the manual, 50% of the WIAs turn into KIAs, the rest becomes available again.

And since buddy aid reduces the chance of those WIAs turning into KIAs at the end of the battle, there's an incentive right there to BA AMAP, especially if you already know you're not getting any replacements between rounds.

Thank you all for trying to shed some light onto this issue. Yes I think The manual does indeed a poor job in elaborating the mechanisms.

I totally agree! I was just wondering what the incentive actually is to perform buddy aid, except for the "realism". 

Buddy aid also recoups some of the ammunition, and sometimes weapons, from the casualties.