An update on the update!

ChrisND

Only thing I am going to say about the downloads:

1. Martin is still doing final prep on the website/store for general release. That should be done very soon, like within an hour.

2. While he was doing that, the downloads were flipped on for preorders since they don't need to buy the game.

Happily downloading now after purchase.  Apologies to everyone for crapping on the mood multiple times and for my tantrums, it's for sure not the first time I have made asinine posts.  I also hope my comment about Animism will be taken tongue-in-cheek, I am also one of the mid-age crisis people myself.

Happily downloading now after purchase.  Apologies to everyone for crapping on the mood multiple times and for my tantrums, it's for sure not the first time I have made asinine posts.  I also hope my comment about Animism will be taken tongue-in-cheek, I am also one of the mid-age crisis people myself.

pshaw, call a mulligan and don't sweat it.  ;)

It wasn't exactly even close to some of the more heated discussions on here.

Go have fun with the game, it is why we are all here anyway.

According to the specs your card supports open Gl 3.1.  Dang that sucker is old.

http://www.hwcompare.com/8275/geforce-gtx-260-vs-geforce-gtx-460-1gb/

thanks it does but i got confushed on focusing on direct x as my card dont do more than 10. Its a GTX 260M (not GTX 260) the m is the alienware laptop version. And yes its old now, 4 years. Although i can put a 460m in there there too pricy for a 2012 card (as anything later one fit in on my motherboard and alienware infrastructure.

Keeping it going until i can get a new desk top rig.

H

Happily downloading now after purchase. Apologies to everyone for crapping on the mood multiple times and for my tantrums, it's for sure not the first time I have made asinine posts.
Well I actually don't think that the point is asinine at all. It would be nice to show support for the company and get a convenient email when it was ready. I have advocated for download load only p reorders too. But it probably will not happen, so I gave up. Frankly now that full ordering is hours behind the perorderers and not a couple of days it is not as much of a big deal. Keep asking, maybe they will change their minds.

Well I actually don't think that the point is asinine at all. It would be nice to show support for the company and get a convenient email when it was ready. I have advocated for download load only p reorders too. But it probably will not happen, so I gave up. Frankly now that full ordering is hours behind the perorderers and not a couple of days it is not as much of a big deal. Keep asking, maybe they will change their minds.

Thanks -- I did end up rubbing some folks the wrong way today and coming at them wrong (and apologized to them in private), and per my hyperactive posts on other threads, I still have yet to successfully download the game, which is annoying but not worth me yelling about here.  I will be very happy when I finally get to play this game, and I do appreciate your support, though I also know I complain waaaay too much and a lot of people here are sick of it.  If i was them, I would probably say the same thing about me.  This a big reason why I don't chime in on most threads, today/this week being a major exception.

Thanks -- I did end up rubbing some folks the wrong way today and coming at them wrong (and apologized to them in private), and per my hyperactive posts on other threads, I still have yet to successfully download the game, which is annoying but not worth me yelling about here.  I will be very happy when I finally get to play this game, and I do appreciate your support, though I also know I complain waaaay too much and a lot of people here are sick of it.  If i was them, I would probably say the same thing about me.  This a big reason why I don't chime in on most threads, today/this week being a major exception.

LOL well by tomorrow you'll have the game and then we'll all be wondering, where the heck did Capt Toleran go?  It is worth the wait, CMBS is really something totally different.

LOL well by tomorrow you'll have the game and then we'll all be wondering, where the heck did Capt Toleran go?  It is worth the wait, CMBS is really something totally different.

Oh, I agree that it is always worth the wait for Battlefront -- they just frustrate me a lot sometimes, and I get too Type A with it.

I'll still be lurking here, but since most of my contributions would be political analysis related, they are probably out of place here given the current rules.  I also cannot claim the kind of impressive and extreme military/grognard expertise I see here in the forums -- Even all these years later, I'm still the tadpole, never the frog.  It has at least helped me in terms of being better informed than the average civvie, and I love that they went modern again, especially because my AVG and Avast hate CMSF, so I can't seem to play that anymore.

But I am very open to  long-term PBEM games, I promise anyone who cares that I am 100%+ less whiny and a good loser, and I will probably lose a lot, given my track record against the AI in everything else :P

Edited by Capt. Toleran