ChrisND's briefing templates - plea for brief video tutorial during Twitch broadcast

Hey Chris

When you're less stressed out by releasing CMBS, do you think you can do a brief video tutorial on how to use the briefing templates during a Twitch-broadcast? They sure look like a great tool, but even with some Photoshop skills I could need some pointers and tips how to best utilize them. I'm sure I'm not alone. I have seen few community scenarios that have used the templates. Shame, that is. We want our stuff to look good.

Do you think it is possible or is it too complex?

Edited by rocketman

The main thing is how to make the map itself. Are there enough elements to make whichever map? Chits and icons I think I can figure out. Another thing is that I'm not too familliar with how to work with layers in PS in an efficient way. If it takes too long to make a tactical map, I'll probably use that time for the map and scenario and go for an easier solution.

Are you talking about TacMaps? If so, I usually take a screenshot from the editor of the 2D map and add it as a new layer to the TacMap .psd file (sort of like an editor overlay). Then I use the premade layers (high ground, low ground, forest, water, road, etc.) to paint acording to he overlay. Elevations are mostly done by eyeball and from memory, not exactly acording to contour lines.

If the map is very long (N-S wise) and not very wide (E-W) than I rotate the overlay to better fit the wide TacMap format.

For OpMaps I sometimes used screenshots from Google Earth as overlay, in CMRT you just have to select the desired area from a large map of the total operational area of the game's scope.

I hope this helps.