Problem about Initial Setting Dialogue

Hello everybody.

I can't seem to recall where the file that calls up initial screen that shows on first playing the game to set screen resolution is. I need to reset it, but can't find it. I'm on Win7, so there may be some hidden file setting on by default that is keeping me from seeing it.

I also need to know what order in the screen res dialogue would be best for a monitor running 1920x1200. I've got the ATI fix files in, and now I can't see the text! 

If the game was NOT run with the 'run as administrator' setting, then the file will get written to a 'virtualstore directory', possibly located at:

C:\Users\{your user name}\AppDate\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Afrika Korps\Combat Mission AK Prefs

(I'm not absolutely certain on the file name, but the path should generally be correct).

You can only see this directory if your settings for viewing files includes hidden files and folders (Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)' and select 'Show hidden files, folder, and drives').

At a 1920 x 1200 resolution the maximum resolution that CMAK will support is 1600 x 1200. This is a 4:3 ratio resolution, so depending on your display it may stretch the screen/pixels to display it or it may put black bars to the side to change the aspect ratio (and display it in a 4:3 manner without stretching). To change the resolution you will want to delete the Prefs file and re-run CMAK for the resolution selection process to start.

If the text is not visible (in the initial 2D screens), then you may want to minimize the game and re-maximize it to see if it will refresh the screen and possibly display the text. This doesn't always work but it one of the only options to get the text to display. The replacement bitmap files work for the text in the 3D part of the game (now appearing yellow instead of white).

Edited by Schrullenhaft