MadMatt and Fionn are my heros(n/t)

Guest Tom punkrawk

Guest Madmatt

And yet you still manage to spell my name wrong! wink.gif No capitalization in the middle...

Thanks man...Hey! I got no where to go!! How about a.... smile.gif

Madmatt out... biggrin.gif

p.s. I am a big fan of the "Me Firsts and the Gimmie Gimmies!" Do they qualify as a punk rock band still? I just love their name...

Guest Tom punkrawk

I think Me First and The Gimmie Gimmie's are the ultimate punk band, 'cause they never have the same members and all the members are from other punk bands....

I should also commend Steve and Charles on their work.

I leave for a couple days,come back and all this stupid **** goes on,you'd think people could think before they type...it seems easier than thinking before you speak...I dunno .woo

Madmatt, there I got it =)

------------------

Dork Punk Productions and Design

WW2Games page-

http://www.geocities.com/ww2games

Battle Of The Bulge TC for ww2gi-

http://www.geocities.com/botbtc

Ww2gi Screaming Eagles multiplayer group-

http://www.geocities.com/screamingeagles1

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show

Guest Madmatt

Think before I type!?! Where is the fun in that?!? smile.gif

Umm lets see I also like Mr. Bungle but I don't know if the lead singer of Faith No Mores little side project really counts as a punk rock band...

Take care Tom...Rock on!

Madmatt out...

Well I came too late of the last post of attacks against Madmatt to jump in. But both Fionn and Madmatt have been phenomenal in their help and just plan presence almost 'everywhere' regarding CM and general help. IMHO both of these gentlemen are amazing in all they get accomplished, plus still take the time to respond to personal email for questions and help etc. That, with all that Charles and Steve are doing (sweatin' blood man) to get this game out 'right' to us is just, just, well damn wonderful.

dla

Guest Madmatt

Thanks for the support! To be honest they weren't so much attacks as just poeple venting and believe me I can understand that! smile.gif Heck, even I vented! (umm did I just use the word HECK???)

Anyway, thanks again for the support! I just wish it would work as a substitute for sleep!

biggrin.gif

Madmatt out...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

I always loved early cockney rejects and Sham 69, before they tried to jump on the metal band wagon of the eighties frown.gif

That stuff is just so freackin cool...I don't allow myself to listen to it much though as it affect my behavior (dont need to be filling my head with anti establishment stuff all day every day any more smile.gif)

Some of my other punk favorites are the dickies, bad brains, uxb, infa riot, the partisans, the blitz, (early) peter and the test tube babies, cock sparrer, angelic upstarts (what ya gonna do), shrunken heads, los olvidados, code of honor, negative approach, mentors, most of those bands with 3 or 4 letter names (DRI,TSOL,MDC,JFA), Minor threat, Discharge, Maus Maus, Dead Kennedys, That band that sings nellie the elefant, and so on

Unfortunatly, I had a bad needle that gouged all my records. They sounded ok on that needle but when it went bad I couldn't get another needle to sound good, ended up selling my entire collection frown.gif Some have said it was divine intervention forcing me to grow up, it'll never work though wink.gif

BTW Anyone ever hear of "flux of pink indians"?

Guest Madmatt

ummm how about The Sex Pistols? Man do I feel pathetic compared to you guys... frown.gif

My taste in music while diverses tends to favor more Industrial, Gothic (back before people called it that!) and Rock roots. My girl friend is the punk rocker...

Oh, thats right we need to start flaming each other now!

Errr My dead Junkie Punk Rock Guitar Player could whip yours!

smile.gif

Madmatt out and wants to be sedated!

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-29-99).]

Guest Tom punkrawk

If it wasn't for the punk scene then,the 80

s would have just been a waste.80's punk is great(I personally hate the sex pistols),I have a compilation of 101 30 sec. songs, it has alot of 80's punk bands on there.I don't know how people can call the misfits punk though,dern they suck, they're more like rock.

I liked the Dead Kennedys,Minor Threat(the start of the Straightedge "movement").I have a tape someone gave me w/ a lot of early 80's punk bands, they're all great.The late 80's were good,Decendents,Bad Religion,and the start of the hardcore scenes,Gorilla Biscuits,etc...

If you want to get good punk today,you have to dig deeper,all these mainstream so called "punk bands" make me sick.

speaking of the anit-establisment stuff, there's this band around today called Propagandhi, they kick ass,they make you wanna go burn washington dc down, and they're talking about canada.They're labeled the Canadian Anarchist Band.

ok I'll shut up now

Josh McNair

Portland,Oregon

It had the greatest punk and hardcore scene for about a year

------------------

Dork Punk Productions and Design

WW2Games page-

http://www.geocities.com/ww2games

Battle Of The Bulge TC for ww2gi-

http://www.geocities.com/botbtc

Ww2gi Screaming Eagles multiplayer group-

http://www.geocities.com/screamingeagles1

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show

Guest Madmatt

Well this is just adding to the Forum PINK NOISE level, but what the hell! Nobody is forcing anyone to read this thread! wink.gif

Yeah, 30 second long songs are great. We have a radio station here in Cincinnati (97X) that plays Alternative and Punk music quite a bit. The shortest punk song I ever heard was 8 seconds long. And you know, it was actually a pretty cool rift! smile.gif

I have a ton of Dead Kennedy's MP 3's and really like Jello Biafra's spoken word material. I don't think he has done any in a while but it always made me think...Uh Oh, off topic again... ummm Did you know that Henry Rollins loves Combat Mission? It's true!!! smile.gif

Madmatt out...And you know what? Huh, me neither...

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Yo Matt, have you heard Herieta Collins? It's another name Rollins put stuff out under. Look for Henrieta Collins and the wifebeating childhaters. It's good stuff man.

Guest Tom punkrawk

Just to keep off topic and to spite others w/ useless info...

The Guitarist/singer of Propagandhi looks like Henry Rollins...haha I told my friend this and he asked who Rollins was!!!Rollins is cool...LIAR~!! heh that song is the best.

Guest Madmatt

NEW DID YOU KNOW!!!!

Did You Know that Sid Vicious actually overdosed on Combat Mission. Back in the day when he and Nancy were tooling around Steve Grammant and Charles Moylan (both sporting very hip afros and in London at the time) had this keen idea for a computer wargame and since they both dug The 'Pistols they sought out Sid. Well the whole idea was just too much for Sid, I mean home computers weren't even around back then! When Charles got Sid in a corner and started spewing out data on penetration ratios and armor brittleness, Sid's poor brain just shut down..The rest is rock and roll history!

Big Time Software...They almost lost it all...

Madmatt out....

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Tom punkrawk

hehe looks like Steve was "talking out his ass"

haha

I dunno, maybe this can just be a thread about nothing.

everything goes here!!!

Have something to say?Say it here!@!!