How to take out IS-2?

Reiter

Well I did a dumb thing. My PzIV that was in a fold in the terrain made an attempt to flank the IS2s in the field beyond. It was looking good for few seconds but before he could get to his firing position BOOM. Rats I should have left him there - an unseen threat is way better than a burning wreck :( My [REDACTED] finally put down one of the T34s it was facing off against. Sadly its game of cat and mouse in the woods has resulted in smoke plume in the forest.

My two Tigers won´t even fight against one IS-2. 1000m distance, they rise on hull down position, but after getting visual contact, both pop smoke and reverse away.

-1 on BRONKEN & +2 and rattled. Without any combat activity. Are these Wehrmacts worst soldiers?

Edited by Reiter

Sounds like it. Your troops (and crews) can end up broken or Rattled just because they got to hear over the radio net what happened to their comrades. Those soft factors definitely explain what you are seeing. Here is my suggestion (I have some experience herding broken troops:-): wait for the smoke to clear and move them back to those hull down positions but this time give them a target briefly command to some place close to the enemy tanks. If you cannot area target where they are try to target somewhere behind that would go through the enemy's location. What I find is that sometimes messed up troops do better if they have purpose and a 15s target order will be easily overridden if they spot the threat. And if they don't you might hit the enemy anyway. Also, expect them to get scared and run again too just keep giving them something to do. Or retreat - that's what they want to do anyway :)

Green -1 and other one is regular 0 I think...

Well that's your problem right there, would be my guess. I don't think it is even realistically justified. Normally, Tigers were not handed off to crews who hadn't shown themselves to be above average. Maybe this late in the war exceptions were made, I don't know, and if they were SS instead of Heer, it might be justifiable in some cases, but it would not be the norm to place their most formidable weapon in the hands of incompetents or cowards.

Michael

Again. This time distance was about 400 m. Pop smoke and reverse. I can lose this battle because of these reverse fanatics.

In next battle, should I use Panthers instead? I am sure, that opponent has 1-2 IS-2 in the field. Or no tanks at all, buy infantry with all money, great quantity of panzerschrecks? Artillery of course.

Edited by Reiter

Oh yeah, going to lose pbem match because of this.

Was it a QB? Or a scenario where you were handed the world's worst Tiger crews?

Case the first: oh well, a learning experience. Valuable assets like kitties need good crews to make sure they're not soft kills. It might be worth taking the separate formation, even if you're only taking a couple of tanks, just so the armour isn't affected by hearing about the slaughter of the crunchies over the Battalion net.

Case the second: oh well. Nothing you could have done about that except maybe keep more of your troops alive so the poor kitty crews weren't upset by hearing about all the death and destruction.