New repository?

I agree Vinnart, as I stated some months ago, there's very little control over your mods. I understand the approval security measure, but it's very tedious process for a known uploader.

Besides, you can add a picture only after the mod has been accepted and published, which is in my opinion wrong.

Not to mention the file limitation, which forces you to cut your mod into parts, adding to the confusion and frustration not just yours but for the downloader too...

I had a CMSF terrain mod that had to split in 10, TEN, parts.

And for the downloader it's a mess too, the reseatch function is not user friendly, the mod database is confusingly organized.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Well I am sure Moon is busy working away in the background...

There are a lot of disclaimers on this post I'm just speculating with absolutely no real knowledge.  I have no idea what Moon is working on or what the plans are for the repository or what the time frame is. I just think that you should just hang in there and see.

If you want to see what it might look like this site is now powered by IP Board so one logical assumption you can make is that the repository will be replaced with their download solution. They have a page about their download service (note this is targeted at selling to admins and they have pay options that I have never seen BFC discussing so don't freak out when you read the feature list): http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/downloads/

That page leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to what the user experience might be like.  So I poked around and found a site that looks like it is powered by the same software.  Again more disclaimers.  I have no idea what customization Moon might make or as I said earlier if this is even the software he plans to use but it looks pretty good to me actually - make sure you ignore the content cause it looks pretty silly to me: https://rathena.org/board/files/

I can picture various game and sub categories on the tree on the left.

Well I am sure Moon is busy working away in the background...

There are a lot of disclaimers on this post I'm just speculating with absolutely no real knowledge.  I have no idea what Moon is working on or what the plans are for the repository or what the time frame is. I just think that you should just hang in there and see.

If you want to see what it might look like this site is now powered by IP Board so one logical assumption you can make is that the repository will be replaced with their download solution. They have a page about their download service (note this is targeted at selling to admins and they have pay options that I have never seen BFC discussing so don't freak out when you read the feature list): http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/downloads/

That page leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to what the user experience might be like.  So I poked around and found a site that looks like it is powered by the same software.  Again more disclaimers.  I have no idea what customization Moon might make or as I said earlier if this is even the software he plans to use but it looks pretty good to me actually - make sure you ignore the content cause it looks pretty silly to me: https://rathena.org/board/files/

I can picture various game and sub categories on the tree on the left.

Hmm lots of disclaimers. Anyone else getting the impression that Ian is Moon in disguise so he can float ideas? C'mere Ian, Moon is that you in there? C'mon out Moon!!!

Hmm lots of disclaimers. Anyone else getting the impression that Ian is Moon in disguise so he can float ideas? C'mere Ian, Moon is that you in there? C'mon out Moon!!!

LOL nope just me. I suppose he could have locked me out of my account and be the one typing this pretending to be me, pretending to be him, pretending to be me. Or something insane like that :D

LOL nope just me. I suppose he could have locked me out of my account and be the one typing this pretending to be me, pretending to be him, pretending to be me. Or something insane like that :D

Sounds like something out of "Inception"... 

You have the basis for a movie script there Ian  :D

I think it's great that BF offers us a way to distribute mods, missions, maps, etc. But the repository is impractical to say the least.

Something I'd like to see is a tagging system. right now there is no way to quickly search for files that can be used in my game. Sure, I can find out what addon I need, but what happens if I need multiple addons? What about engine upgrades? You can't play a v3 mission in a v2 game. Tags seem like a relatively easy way to solve this.

That seems unlikely. To unlikely.

Why would you get such ideas? Trying to hide something by telling it to everyone? Until you prove who you really are I don't believe a word of what you are saying, Moon.