Can some one PLEASE let me know how to contact these people...

I purchased the game over 7 days ago (JAN 2nd) and the serial number that was auto sent does not work - I even tired it on the MAC and PC. I have sent out 5 different emails to various addresses (submitted tickets to customer service, e-license, sales, direct support email etc.) and I have not heard anything

I currently own 4 other games from Battle Front and in the past - had no issues what so ever with download/serials. ​As a loyal customer, I find this extremely frustrating that my money has been taken without a single message letting me know that they are looking into this (after 7 days).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

If it was Black Sea that you purchased then do you realise it is not yet available for download, only for pre purchase. When it is availble for download youu will be able to do so. Hopefully this deals with your problem.

If it was one of the other games (eg Red Thunder) then go here http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3

Edited by LUCASWILLEN05

Nope... it was CM Red Thunder.

The issue is not the download - it is the serial number that was provided. And yes... I contacted them 5 times to different links on the support page like I stated above.

As for Black Sea - I was looking forward to purchasing this - but now?

Edited by xacto

AFAIK Battlefronts customer support is pretty good. And if they told you that they are looking into the issue they probably are. You said that you sent e-mails to various different addresses. Did you send e-mails to some adresses twice, asking about the state of a fix? Try to find out if they overlooked you or if they are actively looking for a fix. My advice is to keep asking, but keep asking nicely.

Thanks Jardotn,

Unfortunately, they have never said they are looking into this issue. There has been no communication from any of the emails and support tickets that were submitted. :)  I have been very respectable when communicating my issue, however after  5 different emails and 7 days of no confirmation... I am at a lost. 

Anyone know a phone number I can call?

Have you a 'disposable' email address i.e hotmail ?   Have you looked in your spam/junk folder?  have you logged back into the support section where you first submitted your problem and looked to see if there is a reply there?

I even tired it on the MAC and PC

Puzzled by this as you can only buy and download either a mac version of the game or a PC version but not both.

What operating system are you running and what game did you download (exe or dmg)?

Edited by Wicky

I suggest you carefully select the serial number from your email or from the My Account (view) downloads area ensuring you  select all of the number and not the SKU.For example my serial number might start abc123f676 eic and ends in 123. You don't want to select the SKU whch is in capital letterrs.

If you do this carefully you should find the activation process will proceed just fine.

Hi there,

It looks like there is something wrong with our support email addresses. We're looking into this now. However, email support is *not* the primary method of helping people. Which is why the website clearly states:

Tech Support (1)

Tech Support contact list for inquiries concerning technical support for our games. Before contacting anyone on this list, please FIRST CHECK our Helpdesk and Knowledge Base at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk

Since the link to the support email addresses is contained in this paragraph, clearly you had an opportunity to read this and elected to not follow instructions. That was your choice and you were free to make it. So far what's followed has been a result of that choice, not our poor service (though we do need to figure out what's going on with the email addresses, even though hardly anybody uses them).

The first thing you should do is go to Support->Knowledge Base and do a search for common solutions to common problems. From your brief description there's likely an answer right there that could have got you up and running within minutes. That's why we take the time to create articles and make them available for customers.

If there is nothing helpful to your specific problem in the Knowledge Base, you should go to Support->Help Desk and create a Ticket. You will likely get helped within hours. Not to say that we can necessarily fix your problem within hours, just that it will be worked on quickly and attentively.

Steve

I have no unanswered tickets. Someone suggested checking your spam folder. That could be why you haven't seen a reply. I monitor the Help Desk constantly. While I'm not on 24 hours a day, I am on most of most days (including Christmas and New Years Day etc...).

I have 2 suggestions that I can give you here. One or both should get you up and running.

-Download the 1.03 patch and try again.

-Also, you mentioned Mac. If you have the Mac version, check out this Knowledgebase article and make sure that you apply the patch correctly.

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/133360

99.9% of the problems that I have seen, like you describe, are fixed with one of both of these.

Also, I do most of the tech support through the Help Desk and don't always look on the forums. If you (or anyone) is running into a communication problem, send me a PM. I get email notifications for them. 

Also, also, drop me a PM with your name and email address. I'd like to look and see if your ticket even came through. That'll make it easier to tell if the problem was us not receiving your ticket or you not receiving our response.

Also, also, also, if you did receive an automated email, that has instructions for logging into your ticket on the Help Desk

Edited by Elvis

Hey Ricky,

I checked my spam folder from gmail like you suggested and it looks like there are no spams from them. I checked the box "email a copy of this message to your own address" each time i submitted a ticket. This is the only mail I have from Battlefront support. Maybe there is something wrong with their online submitting form? I also emailed them directly from the receipt. 

About the MAC and PC thing; It was a long story so I did not go into the boring details. Here is the short explanation:

I ordered the MAC version, however when I received the confirmation with the download and serial number it was for the PC (EXE). While not a big deal as I have boot camp... i contacted them to see if they could switch. So after a week of no contact I decided to see if I could figure it out myself. So I just dual booted up windows and installed the supplied download and when I enter the serial number it said that the serial number was incorrect. Thinking that I had a MAC serial number with a Windows download (in my account section), I downloaded the MAC demo and tried to enter my serial number for this version. Same message : serial doe not work on either.

All I need is a serial that works. Mac or PC.  :)

Have you also tried my suggeston regarding copy and pase of your serial number.

Can you also clarify whether you are using

1 A PC in which case it is the PC version you need to download and install

2 A MAC in which case you need the MAC version!

Assuming you have the correct version ensure you copy and paste the full serial number when required. I have, on one or two occasions incorrectly copied the serial number from the My Account page, mistakenly copyng the las couple of capital letters from the STU section. Perhaps you have made the same mistake.

Alternatively you should have an email from Battlefront that gave you the serial number you required. Copy and paste that serial number when required by the insallation prossess

Since the link to the support email addresses is contained in this paragraph, clearly you had an opportunity to read this and elected to not follow instructions. That was your choice and you were free to make it. So far what's followed has been a result of that choice, not our poor service (though we do need to figure out what's going on with the email addresses, even though hardly anybody uses them).

Steve,

I am not sure where you get the idea that I did not follow the process. Please re-read my original post above... I DID take the opportunity to read the database and when I could not find a solution I submitted a ticket to the help desk... a few times. I then submitted another ticket to Martin in eIncense in case it was a license issue. In another attempt to get some information I then submitted the EMAIL which you said was my choice and the result of all of this. Not sure how I should take this attitude as a loyal customer, but whatever... I can forward you a couple of the receipts of the email for the ticket if you do not trust me.

Edited by xacto

Steve,

I am not sure where you get the idea that I did not follow the process. Please re-read my original post above... I DID take the opportunity to read the database and when I could not find a solution I submitted a ticket to the help desk... a few times. I then submitted another ticket to Martin in eIncense in case it was a license issue. In another attempt to get some information I then submitted the EMAIL which you said was my choice and the result of all of this. Not sure how I should take this attitude as a loyal customer, but whatever... I can forward you a couple of the receipts of the email for the ticket if you do not trust me.

We have no tickets submitted by you that we can find. I've never heard of a properly submitted Ticket to the Help Desk not going anywhere. I'm on the Help Desk several times a day, as is John, and if you submitted a Ticket it should be there. You should have a Ticket number for us to reference.

As for the emails, as I said above it appears they are not working. Since hardly anybody uses these emails we were unaware that there is a problem. As a result I'm going to remove the emails completely from our website since they were there prior to the Help Desk being set up and are, definitely, a very poor way of solving customer problems.

Regarding my attitude, support is a difficult service to provide to people. Especially because many customers, and I'm not just saying this to you, do NOT READ basic instructions. And too often when they do, they don't follow them or provide us with accurate information. Frequently we are blamed as if these are our fault. It makes us a little sensitive sometimes :D

I'm closing this up because the Help Desk is where we provide support, not in the General Forum. I'm also moving it to the Red Thunder self-help tech support sub Forum. We don't routinely provide support there either, as that is a place for people to help each other.

Steve