sell on Steam?

frez13

EDIT: Certain things you said in the past (some in this thread) about Steam seem to be simply false, which makes me think you didn't really look into Steam or you only did half the job (you only got half the facts) before making up your mind already. Bleh, I'm going to call it because you are quite stubborn.

And you are the poster child of taking in new information and reevaluating your previous positions? Hardly. Every time I have ever had a discussion with overtly pro-Steam guys I feel like I'm talking about religion. It doesn't matter how logically or rationally I explain our position, it always comes down to the same thing... we're too stupid, too stubborn, too unimaginative, too short sighted... etc.

Right. Selling 10 copies a month at 100% revenue is a lot more profitable than 10000 a month at 70%

Battlefront.com and Steam clearly have exactly the same market coverage. Those other naive developers simply don't understand that chances of discovering a wargame by people that want to play it are a lot higher on a niche dev website than on that barely known 8.5 mln concurrent users store! And all those profits devs lose by selling to a lot more people! We are niche and that won't be niche anymore. Niche = profits. NO niche = NO profits - see?

You are coming into this conversation late. Already discussed to death many times over. Simply put, views ≠ sales.

Steve

Both are very optimistic sales figures for an older cm title. However sales remaining the same is miss representative of the sream community potential. Can't be certain but that's the point of sounding it out. Discovering if the enormous potential can work in your favor.

von Luck

Both are very optimistic sales figures for an older cm title. However sales remaining the same is miss representative of the sream community potential. Can't be certain but that's the point of sounding it out. Discovering if the enormous potential can work in your favor.

von Luck

Yea, I was basing that off of if they released CMBS on steam. But i'm also comparing that to DARTUS game which isn't as fleshed out as a BF game. His game has a odd community because the average person playing has not many hours into the game but a great deal of people own it. Which is the opposite of what I imagine BF products being (Low sales but those sales log a great deal of hours)

OK, I am finally closing this. Like EVERY SINGLE OTHER THREAD on this subject it always boils down to three camps:

Camp 1 = Steam, shmeam. I don't care one way or the other about it.

Camp 2 = I really like Steam and am sad I can't use its services with Battlefront's products. Battlefront has been around longer than most other game company, and certainly longer than almost all wargame companies. Even if I don't like their decision to remain off of Steam, I understand that they are a business and they are making decisions that are based on their experiences and skills which have got them this far. I respect that, but hope someday they find reason to change their position.

Camp 3 = Steam is the best thing in the world! Since Battlefront can't be convinced to support it, clearly they are stupid. Oh, I know... they talk all this business experience and what not mumbo jumbo... but fundamentally I, though I lack any real world business experience, know that this is just to distract us from the fact that they are stupid. And afraid! Afraid of success, afraid of failure, afraid of giving me what I am demanding! And I can say all of this, without offering up any evidence AT ALL that I know what I'm talking about, because this is the Internet and I don't have to.

Never goes any different than this, does it?

Steve