Shockforce application error 0xc0000142

Hi recently tried to play Shockforce and upon clicking shortcut the following error ocurred "shockforce application error 0xc0000142". Purchased registry cleaner CClean and disabled DEP for shockforce short cut, exe and install files. Not sure what else I can do? 

Operating System:Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 35 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-10-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z87-G45 GAMING (MS-7821) (SOCKET 0) 34 °C
Graphics
E2711 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (MSI) 33 °C
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (MSI) 32 °C
ForceWare version: 340.52
SLI Enabled
Storage
111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SSD) 30 °C
2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1CH166 (SATA) 32 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH12NS30
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Direct X: 11.0
Internet Security: Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015

Have you added an 'exception' within your TrendMicro security software for the game executable AND the 'runservice.exe' file found in the 'Windows' directory (if you were able to activate the game - it will not be present if you haven't been able to activate the game yet) ? If you have any of the CMSF modules you will need to add those executables to the exception list too.

I'm not sure if a registry 'cleaning' will help or actually cause problems. If the program does it automatically or if you say 'yes' to everything it presents as needing to be 'trimmed', then you may run into some unintended grief. I haven't used CCleaner's registry cleaning functions so I don't know how well they work or it typically targets for cleaning within the registry.

CMSF will NOT utilize SLI. There is no code within the game engine to support SLI rendering, however it should generally be ignored by the game and run on a single GPU. The 340.52 GeForce driver should be fine as far as I'm aware.

Try to shut down as many programs/utilities as possible that may be running in the background. You can potentially try Razer Game Booster for this function to see if it will help or just do it manually.

Have you added an 'exception' within your TrendMicro security software for the game executable AND the 'runservice.exe' file found in the 'Windows' directory (if you were able to activate the game - it will not be present if you haven't been able to activate the game yet) ? If you have any of the CMSF modules you will need to add those executables to the exception list too.

I'm not sure if a registry 'cleaning' will help or actually cause problems. If the program does it automatically or if you say 'yes' to everything it presents as needing to be 'trimmed', then you may run into some unintended grief. I haven't used CCleaner's registry cleaning functions so I don't know how well they work or it typically targets for cleaning within the registry.

CMSF will NOT utilize SLI. There is no code within the game engine to support SLI rendering, however it should generally be ignored by the game and run on a single GPU. The 340.52 GeForce driver should be fine as far as I'm aware.

Try to shut down as many programs/utilities as possible that may be running in the background. You can potentially try Razer Game Booster for this function to see if it will help or just do it manually.

Hi Schrullenhaft.

Yes it was just the  'runservice.exe' file found in the 'Windows' directory that I had not put as an exception program in the DEP. So have added this and the game now runs as long as set to Administrator privileges. I have the Base version 1.10 running but have not attempted to load any of the modules yet. Just to clarify all module executables only will have to be added to the exception DEP. Will patches also require exception DEP. Thanks for your help.

Regards Justin

Once the module (and the main game) executable has been added to the DEP exception list, then the patches themselves should be fine (no further action necessary within DEP). The file name and location will remain the same and that is the pertinent information for the DEP exception.

When it comes to security software, sometimes a new exception may need to be made after a patch is applied since the security software may be looking at more than just the file name and location.

:) All working fine now.  Just added all the module Executable's to the exceptions lists on my Trend-Micro anti virus software. As before I was only having problems with the Marines module but decided to add them all to the list this time. All Patched up to 1.32 without any further issues. Thanks for your help much appreciated :)

Regards Justin.