The CM Theater is open! Post cinematic CMFI vids here.

Vinnart

Thanks for posting Paul. Very interesting photography style, and music. Has a surreal dreamlike quality to it. My only criticism would be to make the type a little smaller, and place it where the UI is like Frankster does to keep it less obtrusive.

That's an idea. I'd like to get rid of the type altogether and narrate the stories but I think my voice isn't great for that kind of thing.  ;)

RIP, Private Dunkin.

Less dunkin', more duckin', methinks.

They are the unsung heroes, the vehicle drivers.

"Come here. Go there. Wait 'til I get back."

Man's other "best friend".

And yet, when all Hell breaks loose, he's the one who keeps his head.

Until he doesn't.

You're telling me? I was a taxi driver for six years doing a night shift. I felt like Private Dunkin every Saturday night! :D

That's an idea. I'd like to get rid of the type altogether and narrate the stories but I think my voice isn't great for that kind of thing.  ;)

I think the type is better than voice commentary for these type of movies as I think think voice commentary would take away from the cinematic feel. Music along with the game sounds works best IMO for sound.

You're telling me? I was a taxi driver for six years doing a night shift. I felt like Private Dunkin every Saturday night! :D

I can see the similarities. I imagine having a passenger bail is a lot like what the CO does in CM after hitching a ride.

Except for the part where you, the driver, are taking enemy fire. I hope.

I can see the similarities. I imagine having a passenger bail is a lot like what the CO does in CM after hitching a ride.

Except for the part where you, the driver, are taking enemy fire. I hope.

Sometimes I'd get a lot of passengers running off without paying. I didn't like to take the money up front. I wanted to show the passengers the same level of trust I'd expect them to give me. I'd play it smart though. What I used to do was get them to the destination and then I'd run off  :D

Here is a short video from a PBEM I have on the go right now.  One of my AT guns took out two Shermans in short order.  But when I watched the turn I noticed that the crew were just shooting one of them.  The second one drove between the gun and the target and ended up hit as well. 

Here is a short video from a PBEM I have on the go right now.  One of my AT guns took out two Shermans in short order.  But when I watched the turn I noticed that the crew were just shooting one of them.  The second one drove between the gun and the target and ended up hit as well. 

Damn. I love this game. So much drama happens in it without you even noticing unless you go looking. Brilliant.  :D

This was especially a treat because I had pretty much left that AT gun behind and was not thinking about it at all. I had a whole lot of infantry trying to find cover from those tanks and several tanks of my own trying to figure out a way to get an angle on those two but being very nervous about it. Then as I watched the turn the tanks started taking hits and it actually took me a while to figure out which of my units was actually hitting them. Then watching the crew work - I like doing that when I get the chance - I noticed the extra coolness of the moment.

Yeah my opponent had at least four Shermans who just showed up as reinforcements. They were busy really missing up my final assault and frankly I was very concerned that I would totally stall out. The turn before I lost one of the three tanks facing off against these two. That AT gun totally saved my bacon on that side of the town. Two more more loose Sherman tanks is still a really big problem but much less than four of them. My opponent is damn good - he taught me nearly everything I know about how to play this game well so it is going to be a fun ending.