The CM Theater is open! Post cinematic CMFI vids here.

Vinnart

Welcome to the grand opening of the New CMFI Theater!

I thought it would be cool to start a thread similar to a screen shot thread dedicated to cinematic CM vids now that the forum has video imbed feature. I enjoyed this excellent vid created by Rinaldi, and thought it would be a good idea to open the CM Theater thread as a collection point for those to show off their video editing / directing talent, and to make everyone's movies easily found and seen. Although I do not have any video editing programs personally I can enjoy watching what others have made. Cinematic style using video editors, or unusual/ interesting things that happen in the game movies of any length will be the focus. Rinaldi's vid is a good example of what the CMFI Theater would like to show as opposed to AAR type vids with voice over commentary by the player. So, if you have a good CMFI vid, or know of any good ones such as this one please post it for us to enjoy and find it easily, and to build our CM Theater collection. Please remember to give credit to the movie maker if you did not make it yourself.

Get the pop corn popping, the beer head foaming, and enjoy the shows! Please check out, and post more movies at our other locations CMRT Theater, and the newly opened CMBN Theater.

A Hussar Affair by Rinaldi

Edited by Vinnart

Vinnart,

Cool idea and cool vid. I have some observations and questions. The Bren carriers and UCs seem to be altogether too quiet. Here's what I mean by way of comparison.

At ~1:28 a soldier debarks through the side armor, not over it. I was rather surprised to see a UC showing two exposed heads suddenly unload half a section. Is there some processor limit causing the other men to be unseen, or is this sophisticated AI depicting the others tying their bootlaces simultaneously and for an extended period? The moving attack while effectively firing SMGs and an Enfield--vs dug-in Landser, no less, was very Hollywood, but I have no idea how he managed to pull off this feat of arms. 

JorgeMC's vid looks to have been shot in War Movie mode, and the Elefant (not Ferdinand) is spectacular. Love the suspension articulation. Why the Sherman TCs are shooting MGs at the beast, I don't know. Unless someone in the Elefant saw the tracers, am pretty sure even a hail of strikes would pass unnoticed. The 75 mm hits might be heard, but it's clear that annoying the Elefant isn't a good idea, for then it swats you angrily with its trunk.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Vinnart,

Cool idea and cool vid. I have some observations and questions.

... The moving attack while effectively firing SMGs and an Enfield--vs dug-in Landser, no less, was very Hollywood, but I have no idea how he managed to pull off this feat of arms. ...

Regards,

John Kettler

The vid does look very nice, but this (above) was my reaction too. Whenever I use Carriers and they come under fire - I try not to let them! - they have all of the protection for their inhabitants of tissue paper. Here, the carriers and their inhabitants seem to clear out successive sets of foxholes without taking any (?) casualties themselves. I began to think that there must be an enemy AI setting of "Dummy" that I've been missing all this time ...  :D

Yeah, I don't know how Rinaldi managed to get that carrier with two heroes firing from it like that without getting hit, but it makes for good cinema.

I sent PM's to both Rinaldi, and Jorge to encourage both of them to add more of their movies to add to this collection so hopefully they will, and others will add stuff too. Anything that is cinematic style, or just a cool vid of some of the crazy stuff that happens in the game would be great additions.

Edited by Vinnart

Hey, thanks for featuring my video; this is a thread idea that's right up my alley. 

Just wanted to give some context to the situation in that video since I can see people are wondering how much booze I was on to order such mounted actions in a UC. In specific to try and answer some of JK's questions:

The Bren carriers and UCs seem to be altogether too quiet. Here's what I mean by way of comparison.

They are without a doubt far too quiet without sound mods. This was certainly exacerbated in the video by poor audio balance on my end; sounds to the right are actually noticeably louder.

At ~1:28 a soldier debarks through the side armor, not over it. I was rather surprised to see a UC showing two exposed heads suddenly unload half a section

This I believe is something on the Battlefront side of things; as I noticed (in a new video I am making) that US Soldiers were rolling over the sides of their M3, despite not being under fire and having a perfectly good back door to exit through. Its probably the same animation applied to different chassis; hence the x-men esque ability to phase through. Just thinking out loud.

The moving attack while effectively firing SMGs and an Enfield--vs dug-in Landser, no less, was very Hollywood, but I have no idea how he managed to pull off this feat of arms. 

Oh John, you wound me :P - It did look very hollywood; and I fully intended to do a dismounted attack (as you can see early on with the probing teams) but this is where context comes in. The entire little fight was something I decided to record as I figured it was about to get very interesting, but its only happening on a third of the map in the scenario "Elefants and Tigers"; two guns were taking my Staghounds in the center under fire and effectively seperating my supporting fire from my main infantry advance - stalling me. The UC platoon had been kept in reserve, so I sent them out to find and eliminate with artillery those guns. When I got contact, it turned out that the guns had no infantry protection of any sort, and I moved forward to engage with the forces to hand. Heavy cover fire from a HMG and a skirmish line, coupled with leapfrogging towards the mansion allowed me to take the 2nd mountain gun 'at a dash.' 

I would never recommend anyone use a UC or any type of AFV like this unless a fantastic opportunity to overwhelm with firepower comes about like this. The only real return fire I took was at the very end as the crews were effectively suppressed for the duration. The entire video shows what is essentially a battle within a battle; a 'dust up.' Hence the name of the video. Hope this clears some things up.

PS: I am actually recording another cinematic Vinnart, from a PBEM match going absolutely my way. I will post it here, despite it being in CMBN, to keep this idea for a thread rolling. 

Edited by Rinaldi

Hey, thanks for featuring my video; this is a thread idea that's right up my alley. 

Just wanted to give some context to the situation in that video since I can see people are wondering how much booze I was on to order such mounted actions in a UC. In specific to try and answer some of JK's questions:

They are without a doubt far too quiet without sound mods. This was certainly exacerbated in the video by poor audio balance on my end; sounds to the right are actually noticeably louder.

This I believe is something on the Battlefront side of things; as I noticed (in a new video I am making) that US Soldiers were rolling over the sides of their M3, despite not being under fire and having a perfectly good back door to exit through. Its probably the same animation applied to different chassis; hence the x-men esque ability to phase through. Just thinking out loud.

Oh John, you wound me :P - It did look very hollywood; and I fully intended to do a dismounted attack (as you can see early on with the probing teams) but this is where context comes in. The entire little fight was something I decided to record as I figured it was about to get very interesting, but its only happening on a third of the map in the scenario "Elefants and Tigers"; two guns were taking my Staghounds in the center under fire and effectively seperating my supporting fire from my main infantry advance - stalling me. The UC platoon had been kept in reserve, so I sent them out to find and eliminate with artillery those guns. When I got contact, it turned out that the guns had no infantry protection of any sort, and I moved forward to engage with the forces to hand. Heavy cover fire from a HMG and a skirmish line, coupled with leapfrogging towards the mansion allowed me to take the 2nd mountain gun 'at a dash.' 

I would never recommend anyone use a UC or any type of AFV like this unless a fantastic opportunity to overwhelm with firepower comes about like this. The only real return fire I took was at the very end as the crews were effectively suppressed for the duration. The entire video shows what is essentially a battle within a battle; a 'dust up.' Hence the name of the video. Hope this clears some things up.

PS: I am actually recording another cinematic Vinnart, from a PBEM match going absolutely my way. I will post it here, despite it being in CMBN, to keep this idea for a thread rolling. 

Thanks for taking the time to make it Rinaldi.

I started a similar thread in CMRT, so I suggest we make a separate one for CMBN movies like each game has its own screen shot thread. This way we will have more bases covered for some who may not play all the games. If you have anymore CMFI vids please post them here, CMRT, and CMBN there.

Edit: The CMBN Theater is NOW open showing "Barkman's Corner" by JorgeMC as the first feature. Check it out!

Edited by Vinnart

The vid does look very nice, but this (above) was my reaction too. Whenever I use Carriers and they come under fire - I try not to let them! - they have all of the protection for their inhabitants of tissue paper. Here, the carriers and their inhabitants seem to clear out successive sets of foxholes without taking any (?) casualties themselves. I began to think that there must be an enemy AI setting of "Dummy" that I've been missing all this time ...  :D

"I began to think that there must be an enemy AI setting of "Dummy" that I've been missing all this time ...  :D"

Lol. :D

The Lost Ferdinand 2 by JorgeMC

Ferdinand. As in Porsche. Talk about German engineering. No, really. If you're gonna watch quality video like this, you owe it to yourself to get some quality headphones. Sennheiser brings out the mighty bass in each shell burst like no other.

Here´s another one, even though it is official. But I guess it still qualifies?

Of course that qualifies! Whom ever at Battlefront made that did an absolutely great, professional job!  Whom ever made it please speak up so we can give you credit for a most entertaining movie. Thanks for posting umlaut. That definitely should be part of of the CMFI Theater collection.

Edited by Vinnart

OK, I admit it - it was a shameless plug. I made it for BFC. :)

What the hell are you doing on the forums? I want another one by midnight. That one was beyond outstanding :) .

Vinnart, thanks for having the great idea of creating these threads all over the forum. We need more cinematics.

@Art of War in another thread had footage of an artillery kill on a PzIV. I mentioned I had been trying for a confirmed artillery kill on a tank for a long time (I had one in one of the first QB battles I played, when I had no idea what I was doing and then never saw it again). Anyway here is the video:

HOW TO POST VIDEOS:

Post your video at youtube, photobucket ect...Copy the address in the address bar of the web browser, and paste it using the paste icon in the reply box.

Pastecopy.jpg

I must be doing something wrong here.  You have good, simple instructions here yet every time I try to do this all that shows up in the preview post is the link, not embedded video.  Anyone here want to tell me what I'm doing wrong?