The CM Theater thread! post cinematic RT vids here.

Vinnart

PaulMD, this is one of the best CM videos I have ever seen. Thumbs up and:

oscars.jpg

Damn!

I'm humbled.

I suppose it's traditional to give a speech at this point and for me to burst into tears.

Would you settle for this  :(  and this  :D

Oh...

and if you liked that one you should like this one. I hope  :P

Loved every minute of that last video. Especially the background music, which fades away after a while, only the resume at the end. And your use of captions. Not only their placement on-screen, so as not to obscure the visual detail. But also their content, giving us a human interest story that draws us in. By the end of the scenario, we know the players. We ride the emotional roller coaster with them.

I've never attempted to produce a video. But I am curious. How long would it have taken to you to produce this 30-minute video from start to finish?

Loved every minute of that last video. Especially the background music, which fades away after a while, only the resume at the end. And your use of captions. Not only their placement on-screen, so as not to obscure the visual detail. But also their content, giving us a human interest story that draws us in. By the end of the scenario, we know the players. We ride the emotional roller coaster with them.

I've never attempted to produce a video. But I am curious. How long would it have taken to you to produce this 30-minute video from start to finish?

It can be quite labour intensive, depending on how much you want to polish it. 'The Old' soldier took about a week to put together and then edit. What takes up a lot of time before you get to that part is continually recording the same turn from different angles so that you have enough material to put a story together. So, if the scenario takes an hour, you can times that by however many times you record that turn. Then you have to play that footage back to pick out the bits you want. That usually takes me a couple of days or three.

Saying that, it's by far, a lot easier than it looks. The story suggests itself thanks to the immersive nature of the CM games, specially if you replay them and get close in. During the replay you see lots of things ou missed the first time round. 

I record it on Bandicam

Import it into MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2014 but there are lots of other programs you can use.

To upload it, I compress it first with a program called Handbrake.

What makes it easy to do, is the fact that it can be so enjoyable nad you REALLY get the juice out of any scenario you are playing.

Give it a go  :D

Some clever humor with the cross eyed sniper Paul. The line that he was made "famous for killing the guy 4 feet away from Hitler" gave me a good laugh.

Indeed.

Classic.

Some clever humor with the cross eyed sniper Paul. The line that he was made "famous for killing the guy 4 feet away from Hitler" gave me a good laugh.

Yeah. It tickled me too  :D Glad I gave ye a chuckle.

• 2 weeks later...