Paratroopers?

My Peeve regarding paratroopers is that in well, 1st of all I only have Normandy Base GAME no modules BUT, in Quick Battles I can only use or get to pick Battalion sized paratroopers if I specify the months of June and July in Augusta I get nothing and in September I get only like forward observer Formations .. I am referring to Formations. 

One must pick a formation as we all know first then they can kind of tweak it. BUT, But I think they did this because when two people play head to head this prevents one or the other of doing something but regarding realism the paras were around for oh I don't know uh BASTOGNE (spelling ??)   and that was in oh I don't know November December ... 

I mean when ya set rarity to NONE then nothing should be rare or omitted no matter what month it is as long as it was in exhistance in the prior month 

I never play the game I just use it enough to find something to complain about ... 

My Peeve regarding paratroopers is that in well, 1st of all I only have Normandy Base GAME no modules BUT, in Quick Battles I can only use or get to pick Battalion sized paratroopers if I specify the months of June and July in Augusta I get nothing and in September I get only like forward observer Formations .. I am referring to Formations. 

One must pick a formation as we all know first then they can kind of tweak it. BUT, But I think they did this because when two people play head to head this prevents one or the other of doing something but regarding realism the paras were around for oh I don't know uh BASTOGNE (spelling ??)   and that was in oh I don't know November December ... 

I mean when ya set rarity to NONE then nothing should be rare or omitted no matter what month it is as long as it was in exhistance in the prior month 

I never play the game I just use it enough to find something to complain about ... 

Easy way to fix that, buy the modules.  Want the complete game, buy the complete game.

No, the complete game is Invasion Normandy, the rest is just overpriced DLC.

So you would rather BFC had not released Normandy until they'd got every single element (including the obsolete French stuff and flame) that was needed for a "total simulation"? you realise that this would have led to them going out of business and never releasing any of it? Even the Commonwealth module was what, a year after the base game? You expect them to go another year with no new income streams, paying programmers and artists from what, exactly?

It's perfectly clear what you get in the game, before you buy it. Caveat Emptor and all that.

The cost argument has been done and done and done. It boils down to "You don't think it's worth it, don't frellin' buy it." And Steve (y'know, the guy who has to live off the proceeds, and pay his staff; the guy whose opinion matters) is fine with that. Enough people do think any given element is worth the cash to keep BFC in business and making an excellent game without needing the spur of competition (because there simply isn't any other game in the same class). And it has been thusly successful for a good 15 years now, which is a greater longevity than many small developers.

Easy way to fix that, buy the modules.  Want the complete game, buy the complete game.

Ok so I need the module(s) so that is CW and MG ... thats another 65.00 I bought the game Normandy then the 2.0 upgrade I think that was 10 then the 3.0 upgrade - probably should get the modules but actually I am fine with playing para QB's in June and July ...  but since you lean towards the Complete Game

I guess you jumped on the vehicle pack when it came out too. which I guess was Friday oct 24th then you got the 3.0 when it came out. BUT CM is your preferred Game so more power to you Its great they come out with a lot of content kind of like Panzer Corps and all of their add ons .................................................................................

Ok so I need the module(s) so that is CW and MG ... thats another 65.00 I bought the game Normandy then the 2.0 upgrade I think that was 10 then the 3.0 upgrade - probably should get the modules but actually I am fine with playing para QB's in June and July ...  but since you lean towards the Complete Game

I guess you jumped on the vehicle pack when it came out too. which I guess was Friday oct 24th then you got the 3.0 when it came out. BUT CM is your preferred Game so more power to you Its great they come out with a lot of content kind of like Panzer Corps and all of their add ons .................................................................................

yes to all the above.  It is worth it to me, so I buy it.  Whether it is worth it to you, only you can decide (I mean generically, not you specifically).  BF is clear on what is included in every game on their home page

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=276&Itemid=460

so if someone feels that CMBN stand alone is not worth it if it has no German Paras and they don't think purchasing it later in another module is right, then they know in advance and can save their money.  That they bought it with plenty of opportunity to know that kind of removes their right to complain about it afterwards.  Read before you buy and only buy what you think is worth buying.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but the reason paras are not available in certain months is because they were withdrawn from combat to the UK during those months to rebuild and retrain. Understand that they were specialized troops who were hard to come by and leaving them at the front as ordinary infantry would mean losing them through attrition. This in fact occurred when the armies they belonged to became so strapped for fighting forces to fill the lines that they were kept in action long after their original mission was over.

Just as a side note: The Allies probably built more airborne divisions than they actually needed and it would have been a more efficient utilization of the excellent men manning them if some of them had been distributed among the ordinary infantry divisions to provide leaders. But that is seen only with the benefit of hindsight.

Michael