Middle Mouse Button stopped working on forum?

76mm

I've been travelling the last few weeks and accessing this website on my iPad. I just got back home and when using my home computer, I've found that the middle mouse button has stopped working as it used to on this forum--I've got Chrome set so that it opens a new tab after a middle mouse click, but for some reason this forum both opens a new tab and send the original page to the selected link. I don't have this problem on any other website, I've just double-checked.

Does anyone else have this rather annoying problem?

I have something similar. My mouse is a Logitech G700, it's a Windows 7 system. When I've got any of the CMx2 games open, with their mouse profile active, something in the loop doesn't let the default profile work when I'm Alt-Tabbed out to a browser, so since the middle mouse button is remapped to Tab in my CMx2 profile, that's what I get in my browser, rather than "open in new tab" or "close tab", which are the default behaviours that I expect (and get, when CM isn't running). I don't have the same issue when WoW is running, so it's something to do with how CM interacts with the Logitech Gaming Software.

I have found that the forum does not automatically use mobile mode for my phone's browser and full version when on the PC.  Since I have to manually switch to mobile when on my phone it associates that choice with my account and when I get back to my PC it still renders in mobile mode.

I have just been switching back and forth as needed.

I am also trying to report the problem to the forum software authors - but I have had zero success so far.  Their support setup is totally geared towards the admins of their customer sites and not to us end users.  I hope to have away at some point but for now I think you and I are stuck having to remember to switch modes.

Haha. At first I thought you were joking.  I don't think I've ever used a mouse that had a middle button but I'd have thought the middle mouse button would only have been used in anger! Haha. :D

eh?  Let me guess--you've got a Mac?  I don't think I've seen a windows mouse without a middle button in a couple of decades...they're kinda useful!

Mac's don't even have a right button - at least officially.  But yeah it has been a long while since I saw a three button mouse - could be pushing 20 years actually.

Three buttons? How very 20th century ;)

My G700 has 13 'button functions' including sidescroll! I guess some people would call it a gaming crutch now, because I can't see how I could play games without it... :) I don't think I could handle a Razer Naga, though; 9 buttons under my thumb alone would just lead to mispresses more often than not...

My G700 has 13 'button functions' including sidescroll! I guess some people would call it a gaming crutch now, because I can't see how I could play games without it... :) I don't think I could handle a Razer Naga, though; 9 buttons under my thumb alone would just lead to mispresses more often than not...

Is this multitude of buttons really usable?  I've looked at getting a gaming mouse in the past but never thought I'd train my fingers to be able to use more than a couple.  I actually use a Logitech trackball with just a couple of extra buttons, and usually I don't even use those...

Is this multitude of buttons really usable?  I've looked at getting a gaming mouse in the past but never thought I'd train my fingers to be able to use more than a couple.  I actually use a Logitech trackball with just a couple of extra buttons, and usually I don't even use those...

Eminently, I find. I set up a profile for each game, and try and use common principles in the profiles. So, generally, across all genres, I'll tend to assign movement functions to the mouse, with other controls mapped in the game's interface to the keyboard. Within genres and as far as possible across genres I try and keep all the controls in the same place. So for my MMO profiles, the button which is "forward" for browsing is "move forward" and the browser "back" button is "move backwards" Side scroll is "strafe left/right", and those stay pretty constant.

On my CM profile, I have forward and back under my thumb, along with Target Briefly and Target Light. The three index finger buttons are Slow, Fast and Quick. The middle-click is Tab. The "mouse top" button is "Ctrl-click" but I don't use that very much. Scrollwheel is elevation. Combined with the L/R mousebuttons and click-hold/drag in the game field, I can fly my POV pretty accurately.

In MMO profiles, I often have the option to use a modifier key (Ctrl/Shift/Alt) to potentially quadruple the number of features available under my right hand, but I don't generally make much use of that; the differences between characters make it too difficult to maintain a coherent mnemonic.

The next peripheral will probably be a Nostromo or G13 or whatever the cool kids think is an up to date equivalent...

It does. Or at least it did for me. I think. I can't see any "full version" button, so I must already be using it... Assuming I'm looking at the same "front page" you are.

The only time I see the Full Version button at the bottom of the page is on my android device. Touching that makes it full version on the phone but a b*tch to read because the font goes microscopic. There is a use mobile version visible when I am in Full Version on the phone. I don't have that option on the PC. Perhaps the forum is smart enough to know what is accessing it and gives the appropriate options.

Edited by Jim1954