Target & Target Briefly handling

TL;DR:

Currently if you misplace a target briefly order it is awkward to replace it. I suggest that merely switching to 'target' resets both placement and timer of 'target briefly'.

If you misplace a 'target' you can just press 'target' again and set it to another point. With target briefly that is impossible: pressing 'y' again will only count the timer one up (to infinity btw which it shouldn't IMHO). To retarget briefly you have to delete the 'target briefly' by cancelling it, 'target' somewhere else or setting a CA. Unless you have 'cancel' as a shortcut there is no way to do it in one click.

But if selecting 'target' would reset 'target briefly', too, that would be very easy as both commands have hotkeys which are right next to each other.

So it would look like: 'y', <click>, <grr>, 't','y', <click>, :)

But if selecting 'target' would reset 'target briefly', too, that would be very easy as both commands have hotkeys which are right next to each other.

So it would look like: 'y', <click>, <grr>, 't','y', <click>, :)

I am a bit confused.  That actually works now.  That is what I do frequently (including the <grr> sound) :)

Sorry - I mixed up 'y' and 'j' but it doesn't work this way with either commands. If you have an active target briefly just selecting another target command will not reset it. You have to target another AS and then re-plot target briefly. Try it Ian - it doesn't work.

But I have to say that the behaviour is consistent. All target commands work this way and none are reset by another unless you go through the whole targeting process. Creating a special case for one command is usually a idea.

I guess the real solution is to have 'cancel target' on a hotkey. :)

Sorry - I mixed up 'y' and 'j' but it doesn't work this way with either commands. If you have an active target briefly just selecting another target command will not reset it. You have to target another AS and then re-plot target briefly. Try it Ian - it doesn't work.

You can Target the same AS with TARGET and the Briefly will change to that. Which is what I usually do.

But I do have Cancel Target set to "X" ( habit from years of CM1 ;) ) In fact, all my hotkeys are changed to the CM1 standard - didn't see a need to learn new hotkeys when the old ones worked perfectly B)

Edited by Baneman