A not very exciting Christmas Bone this year

And buildable field fortifications (i.e. that troops can dig in if given enough time .. maybe 30 mins for a shallow foxhole) and armoured vehicle fortifications to make hull down positions easier. I would also like engineers to be able to blow up hedges, obstacles, bocage etc 

Top 10 Ideas for screenshots to show progress for the new Bulge title:

10. The family badge emblem showing what you will call the game. "Combat Mission Something Something Darkside"

9. Volksgrenadier holding an MP-44 in his new camo reversible parka with hood.

8. Whitewash camo on an M29 Weasel

7. Hetzer in Ambush camo scheme

6. The new Dragonteeth flavor object

5. GI throwing a molitov cocktail acting out the Whorehouse balcony scene from "Castle Keep"

4. The M36 Jackson

3. Sturmtiger

2. M24 Chaffee

and the #1 idea for a screenshot for the new Bulge game...

1. Schwimmwagen

I would also like engineers to be able to blow up hedges, obstacles, bocage etc

They can already blow bocage and walls (building and freestanding, both) and wire. They can't blow up hedgehogs, nor mines (directly). Not sure if they can blow hedges up, but given everything can just hop over or drive through them, there doesn't seem to be a pressing need.

And buildable field fortifications (i.e. that troops can dig in if given enough time .. maybe 30 mins for a shallow foxhole)

We are playing a game... it doesn't have a real time scale as such. 30 mins for a shallow foxhole in context with the games time limit is far too long, regardless of frozen ground etc...

"Baney and Georgie were sitting at their favorite pub in their kilts having a pint when a pretty young American tourist approached and asked "What is under the kilts?"

Baney said, "Take a look for yourself lass.". Whereupon she did and replied in shock "Gruesome!" and quickly departed.

Georgie finished another swig and then said "Aye, com' back an' take anoother loook and yool see it grew some more!"

No Scots were harmed in the making of this joke. ASPCS.

Edited by kohlenklau

Baney told me the story of the first time he took his son out to the pub for a father and son drink....

Baney ordered up a pint of Belhaven stout for both of them. But his son didn't like it.

Baney then ordered up a pint of Belhaven ale for both of them. But his son didn't like it.

Baney then ordered up a pint of Old Jock for the both of them. But his son didn't like it.

Baney decided to shift gears. This was a memorable day after all!

Baney ordered several various Scotch whiskeys, some of the finest in the county. But his son didn't like a single one of them.

Baney finally gave up and was glad he left. He could barely push the stroller home!

No Scots were harmed in the making of this joke. ASPCS.

Edited by kohlenklau

Not a beta tester or dev, and I have no access to the game in any way. But historically:

The 1943 grenadier squad (still in use in 1944 and 1945) had 9 people, 1 machine gunner, 1 squad leader and his assistant with MPs or automatic rifles and the rest of the squad were armed with rifles.

A Volksgrenadier Company was supposed to have 1 rifle platoon (whose squads were organized as above) and two "Sturm" Platoons. In these Sturm Platoons, two squads were entirely equipped with StG44 assault rifles, while 1 support squad had 2 MGs and several grenade dischargers for their rifles.

We had planned on showing you a couple of shots of what we've been working on alongside of CM Black Sea.  Some last minute glitches made that not really possible with the amount of time we had left.  So you're going to have to deal with a slightly-better-than-coal-in-your-stocking bone for this year.

Steve

We are almost two months further now, but still no screenshots. Please show us something, Steve.

Edited by Aragorn2002