A not very exciting Christmas Bone this year

If I load a QB map in the editor, will there be an AI attack plan(from the QB)?

Yep. All the QB maps have both attacker and defender plans. The AI is horrible at attacking though. If you want to play as the defender against the AI attacker, be prepared a) to give the attacker a large positive force modifier to their already large points advantage for "Assault"ing. And even then, unless you leave gaping holes in your defensive scheme, it'll be a turkey shoot, for the most part.

I agree but elite troops with elite support need "elite money". I think that values already resolves all that problems.

Heh. That seems like the optimism of youth... When you've been gaming a bit longer you'll realise that costs don't account for all the wrinkles. Just because a force costs the same as another doesn't mean it has the tools to deal with it, for example. And gamers are very good at seeing what's underpriced to start with. That is why BFC continue to impose more restrictions on QB force selection than they do on scenarios.

Yep. All the QB maps have both attacker and defender plans. The AI is horrible at attacking though. If you want to play as the defender against the AI attacker, be prepared a) to give the attacker a large positive force modifier to their already large points advantage for "Assault"ing. And even then, unless you leave gaping holes in your defensive scheme, it'll be a turkey shoot, for the most part.

You're right. Now, editor is my new friend. It's fast and easy when editing QBs.

Sounds great. Looking forward to Volksgrenadiers, Hurtgen Forest. Aachen, Nordwind and of course the Ardennes. Followed of course by the Rhineland and the invasion of Germany.

VG would be cool, but unless somebody can come up with something out of the ordinary, I'll skip the Hürtgen thanks just the same. That's a battle that never should have been fought in the first place, a mistake I do not feel obligated to repeat. I'll take the Rhineland and Lorraine instead.

Michael

Amazing news !! Re: naming... Well looking online on Google search I found - Germans referred to it as Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein ("Operation Watch on the Rhine"), while French named it the Bataille des Ardennes ("Battle of the Ardennes"). The Allies (US/UK) called it the Ardennes Counteroffensive. The phrase "Battle of the Bulge" came around later pioneered by the press at that time and became the MOST popular.

Wow! thanks for the bit of news.  I have never heard that.  Interesting!!!!

Top 10 Ideas for screenshots to show progress for the new Bulge title:

10. The family badge emblem showing what you will call the game. "Combat Mission Something Something Darkside"

9. Volksgrenadier holding an MP-44 in his new camo reversible parka with hood.

8. Whitewash camo on an M29 Weasel

7. Hetzer in Ambush camo scheme

6. The new Dragonteeth flavor object

5. GI throwing a molitov cocktail acting out the Whorehouse balcony scene from "Castle Keep"

4. The M36 Jackson

3. Sturmtiger

2. M24 Chaffee

and the #1 idea for a screenshot for the new Bulge game...

1. Schwimmwagen

Top 10 Ideas for screenshots to show progress for the new Bulge title:

10. The family badge emblem showing what you will call the game. "Combat Mission Something Something Darkside"

9. Volksgrenadier holding an MP-44 in his new camo reversible parka with hood.

8. Whitewash camo on an M29 Weasel

7. Hetzer in Ambush camo scheme

6. The new Dragonteeth flavor object

5. GI throwing a molitov cocktail acting out the Whorehouse balcony scene from "Castle Keep"

4. The M36 Jackson

3. Sturmtiger

2. M24 Chaffee

and the #1 idea for a screenshot for the new Bulge game...

1. Schwimmwagen

all of the above,  I really like CMBS, but I'll be much more excited to see this. (I only say that as BF hasn't declared any timeline for CMSF 2).