New Modules?

Is there any chance of BF releasibng a new Red Thunder module in the near future? This game needs:

1 Waffen SS

2 Romanians and Hungarians

3 Partisans (Polisj and Russian

4 Volksgrenadiers (when the Russians start getting into East Prussia

5 German style buildings when the Russians into East Prussia

6 Shermans and othe lend lease AFVs

7 Winter weather and extension of the period covered to November and December 1944. Possibly up to the end of the war if yu want to do everything in one module

8 If covering everything in one mdule then also Volksturm and 1945 TOEs

I know you are busy with Black Sea but Red Thunder needsttention as well. As do Italy and Normandy! :-)

I would like to see 41-43 since I have little interest in the final battles other than reading about them.

But the list correctly identifies

1 Waffen SS

3 Partisans

7 Winter weather 

BTW some of the coolest small unit battles can be designed from fall/winter 41 aka gates of Moscow.

Kevin

I would like to see 41-43 since I have little interest in the final battles other than reading about them.

But the list correctly identifies

1 Waffen SS

3 Partisans

7 Winter weather 

BTW some of the coolest small unit battles can be designed from fall/winter 41 aka gates of Moscow.

Kevin

Totally agree.  I have been clamouring for the early war period time line for like...  FOREVER.

Is there any chance of BF releasibng a new Red Thunder module in the near future? This game needs:

1 Waffen SS

4 Volksgrenadiers

5 German style buildings

6 Shermans

7 Winter weather and extension of the period covered to November and December 1944.

As do Italy and Normandy! :-)

Close.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117228-a-not-very-exciting-christmas-bone-this-year/

Personally I hope they make the time span covered by each base game a tad broader on the East front. I mean the war in the west post Normandy landing lasted just one year and it will be covered by three separate games : CMN, CMFI and CM Bulge. But on the East Front since it lasted 4 years, I don't see how it could work if Battlerfront keeps the same 3-4 months period as in RT.

Early anything would be great.

Yes please!

The war was decided post '42, would love to see the action when the war was actually in the balance - when the german army was organized and outfitted well.  Have played enough of "fend of the horde of allies with whatever you can scrape together nearby."

Enough shermans, panthers, and t34s!  I want to see PZII's, III's, french heavies, etc.   

Like express above, I have no interest in 1945. Doctrine was established and the war over. If we could go hypothetical with a often mentioned scenario of the Germans surrendering to the west and attacking with the allies to the east as part of the 45 product I would be happier. Non-nuke skirmishes to decide the border between east and west. I think starting in 44 was a good idea in that the new engine is getting a great test drive and the 41-43 add-ons better for it.

Kevin

Finishing the war before  going backwards only makes more sense.  They have most of the equipment already done and the releases will come sooner, than say almost entirely all new equipment on both sides for 41/42.

Id would absolutely love to see the end of the war have a battlepack or module that allowed German straggler like groups to be included on the Allied TO&E with CW and US forces vs the Soviets. May-Dec 45.  Maybe 46.  I think that'd make for some fantastic fighting and variety of equipment.

1 Waffen SS

7 Winter weather and extension of the period covered to November and December 1944. Possibly up to the end of the war if yu want to do everything in one module

(...)

I know you are busy with Black Sea but Red Thunder needsttention as well. As do Italy and Normandy! :-)

Well...

BF managed not doing a France '40 Campaign game on CMx1 despite the games covering from 1939 (earlier?) to 1945.

BF managed to do a NATO extension for CMSF without including the French despite the hardware being fun to play with (it included the Germans and even the Dutch I think, what a joke...)

BF managed to do an Italy game without putting the French in it... (indeed we were lucky the Italians were in, BTW)

So if the Romanians and Hungarians get it before the French, I swear I quit. :)

BTW, I think making an East Front game on 1945 is plain stupid... (I would love to see the German campaign) Even 1944 is a bit far fetched imo.

Note that BF managed to do a Bagration game without a campaign with T-34 in it for the player, which is already a feat.

The game is great (mainly thanks to the big maps and all the experience of previous games), but sometimes the choices are odd.

Polo

Well...

BF managed not doing a France '40 Campaign game on CMx1 despite the games covering from 1939 (earlier?) to 1945.

BF managed to do a NATO extension for CMSF without including the French despite the hardware being fun to play with (it included the Germans and even the Dutch I think, what a joke...)

BF managed to do an Italy game without putting the French in it... (indeed we were lucky the Italians were in, BTW)

So if the Romanians and Hungarians get it before the French, I swear I quit. :)

BTW, I think making an East Front game on 1945 is plain stupid... (I would love to see the German campaign) Even 1944 is a bit far fetched imo.

Note that BF managed to do a Bagration game without a campaign with T-34 in it for the player, which is already a feat.

The game is great (mainly thanks to the big maps and all the experience of previous games), but sometimes the choices are odd.

Polo

To my knowledge there has never been a CM game covering 1939.  CMBB covered the East Front from 1941. CMBO was 1944/45 and CM Afrika covered 1940, but only in the Med.

France has had a difficult relationship with NATO.  Whether that was why they weren't included in Shock Force I have no idea.  French troops have been committed to Afghanistan, but not Iraq.  Right now we are just hoping France won't sell Russia warships while they still occupy the Ukraine, doesn't speak much for having the French commit to a military force when they are hard pressed not to cave on the ships.  :(

CMFI is not done yet so I wouldn't count them out.  I'd love to see CMFI expand to include Operation Dragoon and the advance towards the Vosges.  Makes more sense than trying to do that as a pack for CMBN.  CMFI would then have a much higher variety of allied units than CMBN.  Be a nice overall selling point for it.

As to your complaint about Bagration w/o T34.  The portions of the campaign that were selected to be used for the CM Russian campaign apparently don't meet your requirements of what you think should be included.  Sorry about that.  Hey here's an idea, why don't you create one!  ;)   Yeah I know, still I couldn't resist.  If they do the 1942 East Front release and the campaign is not the battle for the Barrikady I'll be the one complaining, even though I know that doing that in CM with the AI is extremely difficult to do well.

All kidding aside, I seriously would love to see a 1940 Game family featuring the Battle for France as well as a more modern setting with French forces.

As to a German campaign in 1945, how could you forget the 3 Konrad offensives for Budapest?!! 

One serious question.  Why is an East Front game based in 1944/45 any different than an East Front game in 1941?  Because the Russians are the winning side?

Contrary to the French the Netherlands always has been a reliable and stabile member of NATO. The French only fight for there own interests and always have been unpredictable. Remember the Franco-Ottoman alliance of 1536.

It would be nice to have the Foreign Legion though.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Honestly I wouldn't want to go into a political debate, because that is not the point. But I would say not going to Irak was the right thing to do (easy to say it now, but I am pretty sure most Americans agree on this now), and I would add that I don't think France have particular intersts (seriou$ one$ I mean) in Mali or Central African Republic. I am pretty sure the French wouldn't want to be "alone" there (I mean without their "reliable allies" the Europeans, mostly buying US material etc.) I would also add the Suez crisis, when the NATO "reliable and stable" allies the US stabbed the French and English in the back somewhat, etc.,etc.

Reality is more complex than mere slogans as you can see.

Regarding the ships, I agree that was a pretty stupid move, but I think it was a deal done in the context of the Georgian war resolution.

The CMFI with Dragoon is an idea (but: Shermans, Shermans and some more Shermans...), even if I have been a bit disappointed by CMFI so far (small maps mainly). Maybe I should try this awfull Cassino campaign (rocks and paras, lots of arty)

Regarding 1939, I think at least we can play some emulated France '40 with CMAK (using the English only, though), if I remember well, but anyway not having a France '40 campaign in CM ever is a ...shame ;). (please do not mention Vietnam and the Pacifc :D)

You are right about Konrad! It would have been a good idea. Still I am aready playing right at this very moment a campaign with Panthers against T34-85. This is called "Blunting the spear" and it is already in the RT. B)

Polo

Edited by Polo

Note Aragorn that mentioning a 500 year treaty anterior to the mere existence of the Netherland as an autonomous country does not really strengthen your point.

I don't think using Roman army efficieny makes a point for the Italians in 1940 either, for example.