New Cinematic CMRT Vid: "Hill 527"

Macisle

Macisle, now my numero uno CM movie editor! 

Although could look even more realistic with the red crosses turned off..

Is that even possible? Don't think so. 

Hope this clip will persuade my friend to get the game and play against me. XD 

- 1 to turning off the red crosses.  I like knowing when someone gets hit  Early on in the vid, I watched a T34 w/ riders get  get ko'd...  I had to go back and watch it a second time because I missed the red crosses;  I watched the tank explode and thought no one suffered collateral effects. Everyone has an opinion and is most certainly entitled to theirs'.  CM, as realistic as it is, nor any other video game, certainly isn't not going to fool anyone into thinking it's a movie.

Nice job, Macisle!

Great vid, but I was amazed at how quickly one becomes used to a sound mod.

In the video, I didn't like the Tiger sound and was horrified at the feeble sound of the PPSH's. :o

Hehe, each to their own - and many thanks to the Sound modders, Oddball, Waclaw and others. I just thought it was interesting how rapidly something becomes "the norm" to you. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliments, guys! Thanks also for watching, of course.

Yeah...sound mods. I think they may be the most subjective aspect of the game experience. I find most CM small arms mods to be way over the top, both in volume and application of reverb (the reverb is an automatic deal-breaker for me). I know that Arma II got major grief from many who felt the weapon sounds were too wimpy, but I thought they were okay. I also find most CM ordnance mods to be way too loud. So, I have used the mix that I currently like. Aside from adding the fade-in of vehicle sounds at the beginning, I didn't adjust sound levels at all and let the game do its thing. One weird thing though, was the drop in sound on the last Soviet tank charge. Premiere says that that clip is the same level as the others, but the sound is quite low. However, that made the last Tiger clip sound bigger in contast, so I left it, as I had reached my time limit on tweaking the movie. 

Speaking of which, an odd thing happened when editing in that my game saves stopped working after first contact. So, I was limited to my initial video captures, unless I wanted to essentially start from scratch (or accept obvious visual breaks of continuity). I didn't want to do that, so I had to work with what I had, making some of the edits a bit choppier than I could have done had the save issue not occurred. Another casualty of that was the epic exchange between the Tiger and the T-34 that bounced a round off it towards the end. I was working on infantry at that point and didn't notice that the Tiger and T-34 were exchanging hits and surviving for awhile off-camera. I think all the dents in the Tiger came from that one tank! And the T-34's holes were a mix of the ATG and Tiger, with the last shot finishing it off as you can see in the video. It would have been great to have shown that blow for blow, but it was lost to the save game bug. 

I was aware of the red crosses mod, but decided that the pros of confirming casualties outweighed the cons of making footage more obviously from a game. I don't use the current color movie mode, but I'd sure love to see BF add a second kind of movie mode that keeps the regular color, but eliminates all the text (like Unit Lock) and compass from the screen for a completely clean screen to work with (and, as was suggested, make the crosses toggle-able).

Another editing challenge was trying to make the infantry look as good as possible. As someone said, that is an area really screaming for some further lovin' from BF. In fact, adding/smoothing the infantry animations to make them more life-like is number one on my CM wish list now. Seriously.

Anyway, I learned a lot and will apply that to my next video. It may be awhile on that one, as work is busy. Perhaps I'll do something with Black Sea when it comes out.

Again, thanks for viewing the video and for your feedback.  It is much appreciated!

Macisle

Edited by Macisle