QB point scaling.

Apocal

I've forgotten if I brought this up before, but the spate of posters requesting more small scenarios (low unit count, not just labelled small) reminded me that point scaling in quick battles is a bit off. Right now, a tiny probe in CMRT gives approximately 1100 points; enough for a full company of Soviet SMG infantry, a battery of 76mm guns, the associated FO for said guns and three or four TRPs with modest amounts of point at mostly default quality. That isn't tiny to me, it's more like medium sized. I'm not sure my perception is calibrated with the rest of the forumites or CMers at large, but this is what I think:

Tiny: reinforced platoon of infantry (maybe rifle plt + mortar or HMG) or lower-tier AFV + squad.

Small: Two reinforced rifle platoons (with artillery) or a slightly reduced infantry company (with mortars).

Medium: Reinforced infantry company with artillery and maybe a section of light armor or a pair or trio of upper tier AFVs with a pair of rifle squads for support.

Large: Multiple infantry companies with all the trimmings or two full platoons of armor with a platoon of supporting infantry plus mortars/artillery/air.

Huge: Anything above large.

Obviously there is some leeway, such as an assault providing a noticeable overage or a meeting engagement stripping some away, but overall I think it should hold.

I feel that the best way to address this would be to enable the Force Adjustment % modifier to be applied to both sides instead of just the one.

AKA add a feature for a custom point Quick Battle.

Either one works, but I think a direct input on the point totals would just be fantastic.

Edited by Apocal