Update on Black Sea release

ChrisND

OOF! Really excited with the potential release being before end of January. Pre-ordered it yesterday, cant wait to download.

If you guys drop the game on the 29th Jan or before, I will love you especially hard. Got an 18 hour flight on 30th Jan, which would be perfect for some solo campaign games of CMBS!

By the way, I noticed in the manual on the page listing the beta testers, that there is only 1 (ONE!) Russian named person out of the sixty or so people involved in testing. Thats terrible!

I can speak Russian, Ukrainian and English fluently - how about you guys release the game files to me early, so that I can get some tests underway on the spoken and written vocabulary of the Russian and Ukrainian forces  ;)  ;)  ^_^  :D  ?

Long story short:

"T-84U + new FCS and TI** + CITV station** + new turret and side skirts + "Duplet" ERA + satellite navigation + improved communications = BM "Oplot"

Wow! Great information. My question is off topic, but I will ask it anyway

Does the Ukranian satellite navigation system use the U.S. GPS system or the Russian constellation system? I can envision the Russians simply blocking Ukranian access to the system.

OOF! Really excited with the potential release being before end of January. Pre-ordered it yesterday, cant wait to download.

If you guys drop the game on the 29th Jan or before, I will love you especially hard. Got an 18 hour flight on 30th Jan, which would be perfect for some solo campaign games of CMBS!

By the way, I noticed in the manual on the page listing the beta testers, that there is only 1 (ONE!) Russian named person out of the sixty or so people involved in testing. Thats terrible!

I can speak Russian, Ukrainian and English fluently - how about you guys release the game files to me early, so that I can get some tests underway on the spoken and written vocabulary of the Russian and Ukrainian forces  ;)  ;)  ^_^  :D  ?

We have some Russian/Ukrainian speaking people helping us out, although most of them are not beta testers and a few have declined to identify themselves in the credits. Granted, they are still greatly outnumbered by the English speaking folk. :o

Military folk really are not good with names are they?

Especially those who got out of the military before many of the posters on this forum were born:-D

Allow me to reframe the question. "does ...GPS or GLONASS ...?"

Better?

We have some Russian/Ukrainian speaking people helping us out, although most of them are not beta testers and a few have declined to identify themselves in the credits. Granted, they are still greatly outnumbered by the English speaking folk. :o

Aww shucks, and here i thought i had a sure-fire way into the beta.

What if i mailed you vodka and caviar - would that do it?

I have long wanted to ask, but you have to make plans in MP mode for when one side will be able to play 2 or more players. Suppose a company will be able to command the 3 players.

Давно хотел спросить , а у вас есть в планах сделать режим в MP когда за одну сторону смогут играть 2 и более игроков . Допустим ротой смогут командовать 3 игрока .

I apologize in advance for my bad English, I use Google translation.

Давно хотел спросить , а у вас есть в планах сделать режим в MP когда за одну сторону смогут играть 2 и более игроков . Допустим ротой смогут командовать 3 игрока .

As far as I know no.

It would need to many resources to implement. Battlefront said that they would consider it if they received a military contract.

Until then: No.

I have long wanted to ask, but you have to make plans in MP mode for when one side will be able to play 2 or more players. Suppose a company will be able to command the 3 players.

I apologize in advance for my bad English, I use Google translation.

This feature is actually listed in the Shock Force manual as a future feature, but I haven't seen it mentioned again. Would be fantastic though.

Chris, you said CMBS will be out mid-january. Today is the 17th. Can you stick to the schedule? After reading the Beta-AAR and watching the youtube videos I am so excited, i cant wait anymore! It cant be more than a matter of days, right?

Thank you Sir. I appreciate your insight. So it seems that Ukraine has covered all bets by combining both. Very forward thinking of them :D

I guess this is actually Russia's fault. A few years ago they forbade the import of mobile phones that could not use GLONASS for location. Not wanting to loose that market the industry produced chips that supported both. So starting with the iPhone 5 (I don't know about others) you have GLONASS on your mobile.

I guess this is actually Russia's fault. A few years ago they forbade the import of mobile phones that could not use GLONASS for location. Not wanting to loose that market the industry produced chips that supported both. So starting with the iPhone 5 (I don't know about others) you have GLONASS on your mobile.

Thank you Mr. Putin for being so corrupt and taking care of your chronies in the buisness world :rolleyes:

Military folk really are not good with names are they?

I believe I owe PeterH an apology. I think I misread this comment, and that it's about Russian translators not wanting their names published. Could lead to a bad day.

ChrisND, you have been awesome with the update. You have no idea how important it is doing this... talking to your customers and letting them know what's going on. This makes us feel and know you care because you do and you take time to post updates. We really appreciate it a lot.

This! It's good to get updated and know what's going on, even if it's bad news.