Update on Black Sea release

ChrisND

Something fun while we wait.

This week the final TO&E is being turned in. This is the data that defines the organizations in the game, such as how the battalions/companies/platoons are structured, what soldiers are in each team/squad, and what gear each soldier in the game is carrying.

Some stats on the Black Sea TO&E:

509 unique formations (this includes formations that belong to another formation, like a rifle platoon assigned to a rifle company)
526 unique teams
89 unique squads
560 unique soldiers
400 unique gear loadouts
139 unique selectable equipment options in the editor

Something fun while we wait.

This week the final TO&E is being turned in. This is the data that defines the organizations in the game, such as how the battalions/companies/platoons are structured, what soldiers are in each team/squad, and what gear each soldier in the game is carrying.

Some stats on the Black Sea TO&E:

509 unique formations (this includes formations that belong to another formation, like a rifle platoon assigned to a rifle company)
526 unique teams
89 unique squads
560 unique soldiers
400 unique gear loadouts
139 unique selectable equipment options in the editor

I think the main thing in this is "unique" - you guys are a unique gaming company. Producing unique games. I'm so glad I'm into CM. Not many games can be played on a daily basis for years on end without getting tired of it. But rather gets better over time!

Keep up the good work  :)

Btw thanks Chris for all the Youtube play-throughs of the Black Sea missions.  They are currently the only thing keeping me sane while I wait...  although I think my cat enjoys them even more than me and if they keep her distracted long enough for me to get some work done that's a bonus :)

Long story short:

T-80UD + "Varta" system + 1200 hp engine + other minor improvements = T-84

T-84 + new welded turret + "Nozh" ERA + improved side skirts + possibly thermal imager* = T-84U "Oplot"

T-84U + new FCS and TI** + CITV station** + new turret and side skirts + "Duplet" ERA + satellite navigation + improved communications = BM "Oplot" (initially called "Oplot-M")

* - Sources differ on wether actual production vehicles possess it. If yes, would probably be an analogue of 1st gen. Soviet/Russian "Agava" device.

** - Apparently made with foreign electronics.

Ukraine Armed Forces have procured 10 T-84U's during 2000's. The general consensus is that 6 are still operational (mostly in the Lvov ground forces academy - about 4 vehicles, possibly also in "Desna" training centre; no line combat unit is known to operate them so far - the most advanced 1st tank brigade has 2 T-64BM "Bulat" battalions and 1 T-64BV battalion). There was a 2009 contract for 10 BM "Oplot" vehicles, but it was not realized due to lack of funds.

There are now plans to procure 50 new BM "Oplot" vehicles until 2018, but these look questionable due to state and capabilities of the Malyshev KhZTM factory (which apparently still lacks qualified personnel, equipment and funds even after all mobilization efforts - the workforce that still remains has to pull double/triple shifts to keep up with repair demands for reserve and damaged tanks) - former director (which has since been sacked) has stated that producing 1 new tank would take about 10 months IIRC, which would correspond with the pace demonstrated by Thailand contract (49 BM "Oplot" ordered in Sept. 2011, first 5 delivered Nov. 2013, apparently only 1 new one assembled as of Oct. 2014).

Edited by Krasnoarmeyets