Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

first impressions :)

Guest PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

thought i'd be the first hehe smile.gif

just played my first cpl of turns

oo it's so lovely the way it sounds! Let alone anything else, hearing my germans chatter away, the rumble of tanks, the way the guns fire and shells zoom hehe ooo smile.gif

back to it smile.gif

PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

Ouch! My tiger just got finished off by Three M18s ! Well, i took two of them out before they got me! hehe take that evil allies! smile.gif

Now I must study for my exam i guess. O well, i wasn't doing it quite right anyway, not enough pressure up the right side, too much in the open middle. One thing i keep doing is hitting escape to try and clear my current order selection, which switches me to desktop dang-nabit. Have to get over that old Close Combat habit!

PeterNZ

SOOO !!!

Guys are you as "ooh this IS cool" as I was when I first got it?

I have been waiting for you all to get the beta demo for SO LONG.. I've been pestering Steve and Charles about it since I really want to see everyone's reactions wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Fionn,

i could only play for about 5 turns (had to get some sleep) but i'm very impressed. I already enjoyed the sfx in the quicktime-movies but actually "sitting behind" an 88 and watching him and a Sherman duelling it out...well sometimes it was just to much...and i fainted smile.gif

So as far as 1st impressions can go: Great graphics, great animations, GREAT sfx.

That's it...just very happy right now smile.gif

Guest John Pender

Congrats to Steve and Charles: You guys have done an outstanding job, THANKS for all the hard work and effort. The Demo looks, plays, and sounds great.

Take care

John Pender

Well guys, spread the word to the newsgroups, forums and your wargaming buddies.

The more people who get to see it and make their minds up for themselves the more who will buy CM and be willing opponents in PBEM games wink.gif.

Also, the more who buy it the more goodies we probably get for CM2 wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

I just finished defending rieberg as germany, and even though I scored a total victory, it was just luck that my 88 killed the shermans on the road. The AI actually advanced w/ no armor and managed to take 3 buildings from me! High score, but close margin, I thought I was going to lose through the first half of the match.

BTS, you guys have delivered big time!

It should be noted that these small scenarios are easier to get either total victories or total losses in since generally one side or the other loses big time...

In larger scenarios you could win big time on the left flank but be broken on the right thus making it even tenser.

------------------

Fionn Kelly