Nice new forum

DLaurier

Well, I don't think many users were looking for a change but the version of software that was running the old forum was getting out of date.

I for one appreciate the black on white colour scheme, much easier to read. And I really appreciate that this new system remembers what you have and have not read properly. That alone makes it worth it to me.

I think it is rubbish.

I don't recall reading lots of people saying the old forum needed changing.

I liked that link on an earlier post back to the old old site. Yes, CMBO still my game of choice on a Windows 8 netbook (Asus T100).

My old car is 30 years old. I can't get parts. It is much less efficient, and I want to use it as a courier service. But hey, I don't want to upgrage. Just give me the old crap!!!!

I think it is rubbish.

I don't recall reading lots of people saying the old forum needed changing.

:rolleyes:

Plenty of people were complaining that it was rubbish. Apparently you've not been keeping up with posts here lately.

Sure, if you liked having to refresh the forum constantly for it to recognize one's login info and not having it properly mark topics as read, then it was great, but I've a hunch not many people were in that group.

Edited by LukeFF

Well, I for one never have had any problems telling read and unread threads apart. But still I´m kinda happy about the new forum, even though I also find the black on white a bit too bright for me old eyes. But I bet we´ll be able to customize that before long.

All in all I like the possibilities that lie in the new features - but I really miss some sort of tutorial or guide to the new forum. For instance:

I see that we are now able to post some kind of "status update". But I can´t find any info about what that is. Is it something akin to the Facebook thing - or what? I have tried writing a test status update myself, but I have no idea whether I am the only one who can read it. And I haven´t discovered any such updates from any other forumites. And if there is any source telling about what it is - I haven´t been able to find it.

I see that we are now able to post some kind of "status update". But I can´t find any info about what that is. Is it something akin to the Facebook thing - or what? I have tried writing a test status update myself, but I have no idea whether I am the only one who can read it. And I haven´t discovered any such updates from any other forumites. And if there is any source telling about what it is - I haven´t been able to find it.

guess BF hasn't updated the forum software to 100% "capacity" yet, for example another fora I frequent (lurk) that uses same software

http://combatace.com/index

u can see a "Recent Status Updates" column on the right.

(and yeah what Erik said)

Edited by Skwabie