Very shiny!

Obligatory first post, what do you guys think of the new website!?

I am glad we finally got a new format with improved features and this is definitley a good one!

Edit: Errr this can also be the first "moved" post, sorry I didn't mean to put it in the "Black Sea" forum.

Edited by Raptorx7

what site is this I have stumbled into somehow from a favoite link that somehow went wrong?

Dang it shows my one warning point which is long expired.  Either that or I got on someone's s**t list again.

There that's better enough of my status making me feel old.

Edited by sburke

I just noted a something that could be unintended and/or maybe a future problem: Wehn you go to User CP->profile customization->background it allows you to upload images of unlimited size. I just uploaded a 1,6 MB image. I am not sure but couldnt this be used by an attacker in a DoS attack? Choose a 500GB file, click 'upload' and block all traffic.The lack of a limited for the size of an expendable background image also strikes me as odd given that the maximum attachment size is 500kb. I 'd rather have unlimted attachment size but a 500kb limited for my profile background.

It was due for a face lift, and it looks very nice. I'm digging the avatars! Mine is my favorite comic book cover when I was a kid of Sgt. Rock by artist Joe Kubert. Kubert was the first artist to inspire me as a boy, and it is cool to show his work off to those who may apreciate such things. Just look at the emotion and grit in the face or Rock. I love it!

Some how I knew Burke would choose Alfred E. Newman :)

Okay. Forgive me, but I've gone blind from the dazzling brightness and am not at all certain I'm not even in the same reality as before. Nothing looks familiar. Very thankful I just got new Progressive lenses, else I'd be screwed on the readability front. Way too much tiny type, even at the headers for the Forum, and the faint gray only compounds the problem. What I love, though, is the wealth of new options for replying. Painless linking, the ability to write things like Pand O2 and so much more. I don't handle sudden change well, and this one will take some time to integrate. I'd welcome a color palette which is easier on the eyes. Oh! Just noticed Auto Save! Can't tell you how many posts got eaten for lack of this feature.

Regards,

It was due for a face lift, and it looks very nice. I'm digging the avatars! Mine is my favorite comic book cover when I was a kid of Sgt. Rock by artist Joe Kubert. Kubert was the first artist to inspire me as a boy, and it is cool to show his work off to those who may apreciate such things. Just look at the emotion and grit in the face or Rock. I love it! 

This brings back some memories.  I also read Sgt. Rock.  I wish I still had some of those comic books.

This brings back some memories.  I also read Sgt. Rock.  I wish I still had some of those comic books.

Yes, you should have held on to them. I still have my books, and am glad I do. My 500 book collection is worth about $3,000 now. I had one "Our Army at War" (The first Rock title in the 60's) worth $400 that I paid $5 for when I was 12yrs old. I kept them nice as a kid; In bags w/boards, boxes. I hadn't looked at them in years and years, Then maybe about 5 yrs ago I started researching some values and was astonished on the value of some. I ended up grading, and uploadong to a site that keeps track of the values. It took me almost 2 yrs doing it here and there, but worth it to see how the investment I made as a kid is worth now. Ironicly Sgt. Rock wasn't worth much back in the day, but now they have some of the highest values of the collection.

Edited by Vinnart

Thanks for the feedback guys!

More stuff is coming soon. This is just the start.

Regarding the color scheme, we're going to give it a few days and reevaluate. It isn't locked in just yet!

We are investigating the file size limit for the background image. Currently appears to be a bug so we've contacted the devs.