PBEM help

Sorry guys, don't flame me, but it's been so long since I've played..

I have a file from an opponent which I've saved to desktop and it is there in .ema format.

But when I go to look for it in saved games, it isn't there..

Did I miss a step?

We are both running 2.12.

Thanks!

The game can't see the file on your desktop. You need to find the Game Files folder and then the Incoming Email subfolder inside it. Where this is located can vary depending on your installation, but it is either under you main CMBN directory or under My Documents --> Battlefront --> Combat Mission --> Battle for Normandy --> Game Files --> Incoming Email. Whereever it is, that is where the file has to go. You will also see the Outgoing Email folder next to it where your finished PBEM turns appear.

This is assuming you are on a PC. If you are on a Mac then I have no idea.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

On a Mac you'd have to go to Applications>CM Battle for Normandy>Game Files>Incoming Email and out the file you got from your friend there.

When you take your turn and save it it will then be in ....>...>Outgoing Email. You'll have to send them the file from there. The game usually automatically increments the file number so it will not have the same number as what you received.

As mentioned/hinted, the game looks in one place, and only one place, for your incoming email turns: Game Files/Incoming Emails. When it creates an outbound turn, it puts in one place, and only one place: Game Files/Outgoing Emails.

It's up to you to find the outbound and send it to your buddy.

It's up to you to get the incoming and put it in the right folder.

The benefit is this lets you do whatever you want for file transfers. The drawback is you've got to manually do it.

As mentioned/hinted, the game looks in one place, and only one place, for your incoming email turns: Game Files/Incoming Emails. When it creates an outbound turn, it puts in one place, and only one place: Game Files/Outgoing Emails.

It's up to you to find the outbound and send it to your buddy.

It's up to you to get the incoming and put it in the right folder.

The benefit is this lets you do whatever you want for file transfers. The drawback is you've got to manually do it.

Unless - my bold bit above - you use GaJ's CMH (CombatMissionHelper): once set up, which doesn't take long, all of the outward movements to, and inward movements from, dropbox folders are done automatically ... all you have to do is open up the game and play the turns  :)

And, you can open up the (correct) game by just right clicking on the battle name in CMH ...

CMH makes playing PBEM CMH sooooo much easier!

• 6 years later...
On 12/16/2014 at 9:52 PM, PhilM said:

Unless - my bold bit above - you use GaJ's CMH (CombatMissionHelper): once set up, which doesn't take long, all of the outward movements to, and inward movements from, dropbox folders are done automatically ... all you have to do is open up the game and play the turns  :)

And, you can open up the (correct) game by just right clicking on the battle name in CMH ...

CMH makes playing PBEM CMH sooooo much easier!

Where does one obtain this combat mission helper?