Munition reliability and failure rate

DreDay

Question for the developers - are you considering some feature that would account for potential failures by certain munitions (i.e. duds). It has been reported by both Ukrainians and DNR/LNR rebels that a lot of their ATGMS (and even RPGs) had failed to launch properly due to their poor prior-maintenance and expired storage dates.

I realize that this could make things a bit frustrating for us (the players); but it would also add another dimension and level realism to the game...

ATGMs definitely have a chance of "dirt-diving" after launch, which is apparently a common symptom of expired missiles. I think the chance is higher for the legacy systems like 9K115 Metis (AT-7), but I'm not sure if this is an explicit modeling of equipment failure, or just a chance of miss. More likely the latter, but the outcome is the same.

AFAIK, BFC abandoned the equipment quality setting after CMSF. I don't think it is factor in weapon performance. Certainly there are no jams or duds on impact.

In CMSF good-old AT-3 would nosedive into the ground half the time! :D A Beta tester had looked at missile accuracy/reliability awhile ago and, if I recall correctly, most of the misses weren't near misses but closer to 'nosedive' failures. I guess its left up to your imagination what caused 'em. Mechanical malfunction, sloppy steering, cross winds, etc.

Fair enough, I did not realize that it was an intentional feature rather than an "engine quirk". Big props to BattleFront for already incorporating it into the engine. That being the case - perhaps the failure rate can be increased for older ATGMS (i.e. AT-4/5) and other weapons like "ancient" RPG-18/22? Also perhaps older artillery pieces (like 2s1 and 2s3) could have higher chance of over/undershooting due to using older poorly maintained ammo?