USSOCOM, Drones and stuff

GAZ NZ

I read in The Secret War book by George Friedman Rumsfeld was focused on the idea of hyper sonic aircraft ( Global strike capability ) and special forces or smaller groups of soldiers with more lethal capacity in his design of the future US army.

That is if he was pulling the strings.

This was back in 2004 and now we have hyper sonic drones and USSOCOM is flat tack operating and has done strikes in 71 countries over many years.

Its budget has expanded massively.

This was clearly reflected in the documentary by the guy who exposed Blackwater in the US.

It was disturbing in parts some of the misisons being carried out but interesting to see the massive special operations expansion of the US military in line with this book that was written in 2004.

Obamas guys are following suite and expanding on this with massive drone fleet.

Will the game reflect this more or will it be more platoon on platoon type games?

I wasn't sure how detailed you were going in this game.

Ultimately Rumsfeld's main strategic focus was to be able to go to war with china in all spectrum's in 10-20 years with development of this tech.

Along with smaller fights.

Its quite interesting the book to read on military intelligence and Al Qaedas origins.

Al Qaeda means The Base in reference to a Caliphate starting point.

The base was in Afghanistan.

The author of the book noted there was no massive Muslim uprising and that it failed well it has happened 9 years later.

Very interesting.

GAZ NZ,

SOs, Special Operators, formerly, Navy SEALS, alone are presently operating in some 80 countries. What is the title of the doc you reference? As for AQ's name, your information, to my knowledge and that of people who know these things, is that The Base is NOT a physical thing per se and has nothing to do with the Caliphate. Rather, the Base is a database of foreign fighters who came to help the Afghanis oust Russia. The following link goes into great detail about the nature and original purpose of The Base, but I don't know how much of it's true--beyond the fact that a database is described.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/al-qaeda-the-database-2/24738

Regards,

John Kettler

Uhhhh... hypersonic drones? Skunk works SR-72 probably won't be coming on line for another ten years at the very least. If ever. I sincerely doubt they'll succeed in overcoming the technological hurdles necessary. The Falcon HTV technology demonstrator didn't last three minutes in its last attempted flight... which was its last attempted flight. DARPA has a longstanding habit of badly over-reaching on projects and failing miserably.

Uhhhh... hypersonic drones? Skunk works SR-72 probably won't be coming on line for another ten years at the very least. If ever. I sincerely doubt they'll succeed in overcoming the technological hurdles necessary. The Falcon HTV technology demonstrator didn't last three minutes in its last attempted flight... which was its last attempted flight. DARPA has a longstanding habit of badly over-reaching on projects and failing miserably.

And occasionally succeeding brilliantly. :D

Thing is I like CM because it's regular army focus, but there's a real place for SOF in the fighting line up of OOB.

Yes, I know SOF are historically operational assets, usually taken for jobs such as Recon. But recent decade or so has seen them increasingly involved in 'major' battles to compliment regular units.

During the Cold War, the lowest level for Spetsnaz was Army. Certainly the subordinate divisions, regiments and battalions all had their own handpicked recon units, but they weren't true Spetsnaz. Since I understand the Russians now use a brigade structure, has there been any downwards push of Spetsnaz as a result?

A quick look at the current/close to it OOB would appear to indicate the Russians are still playing rearrange the table type games, wherein some MDs have two identified Spetsnaz Brigades, leading me to believe the additional Spetsnaz Brigades in the CMD,WMD and SMD are really intended for other Fronts, which is what an MD becomes in wartime.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/army-orbat.htm

Regards,

John Kettler