BF, please fix your forum software

LukeFF

A bug has been popping up again the last couple of days where, even though I've read through all the replies to certain threads and no matter how many times I've refreshed my browser page, the topic listing is still showing these threads as having unread replies.

This literally has been going on for years, with different browsers and different operating systems.

Yes to having opened forum page and seen all threads unmarked (ie. indicated they have been read) when I have not actually read them, indicating no new unread content.

Don't distract them now guys ;) Better they fix the failing PBEM issue after the latest patch..

What failing PBEM issues are you referring to?

I had saved game fail around 26 percent today. had the patch since it arrived. not an email game but a QB scenario design test. Previous saved files from earlier in the battle load fine. the battle is just starting to heat up aka lots of calculations. ... inf company vs inf company.

kevin

I usually have it the other way round: threads are marked as read although I've bever touched them.

Yep, I've had that problem as well.

But anyway +1 for updating the forum software. It's a bit behind the curve in features.

It makes me wonder the last time the forum software was actually updated.

I usually have it the other way round: threads are marked as read although I've bever touched them.

With me, that happens if I spend more than 20-30 minutes in one thread. I come back to the list of threads and they are all marked as read unless someone posted in them during that time. And yeah, the forum software has always been goofy in a number of ways. It works, it just doesn't work very well.

Michael

This forum is running vBulletin version 3.6.10 from 2008, the latest version is 5.0.5. So it's a bit long in the tooth.

Ouch! Yeah, that is dated software.

On my Chromebook right now, and about half the threads I've read so far during this session refuse to be marked as read.