When?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not going to be Duke Nukem Forever which was fifteen years in development. ;) But lets recall real people are doing real work. Between now and the release date somebody important could catch a nasty case of the flu. Or injure himself shoveling snow. Or lose his internet connection during a storm. Its little things like this that can throw the best laid plans into confusion. At least there won't be an issue with programming - the game engine is as solid as a rock.

This is not going to be Duke Nukem Forever which was fifteen years in development. ;) But lets recall real people are doing real work. Between now and the release date somebody important could catch a nasty case of the flu. Or injure himself shoveling snow. Or lose his internet connection during a storm. Its little things like this that can throw the best laid plans into confusion. At least there won't be an issue with programming - the game engine is as solid as a rock.

Real news about CMBS, and the highly anticipated AAR, seem to be on hold while enough art gets finished to make nice screenshots. Discussing the actual situation in Ukraine seems to upset people rather quickly. Just to keep the discussion ticking along could someone who actually knows something throw a bone or two on what is next for the underlying game engine. Finer grids? More AI? Interface redesign? Running LOS checks on the video processor?

BFC are smart not to commit to a specific date. As soon as you do you set your self up for failure one way or another. Their "when it is ready" attitude is the right way to go.

The do have a track record - pretty good one in my opinion. Here is my usual statistical analysis of past releases and how it relates to this one:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1563958&postcount=16

The above is based only on publicly available information and has nothing to with any inside information I don't have anyway :D

Real news about CMBS, and the highly anticipated AAR, seem to be on hold while enough art gets finished to make nice screenshots. Discussing the actual situation in Ukraine seems to upset people rather quickly. Just to keep the discussion ticking along could someone who actually knows something throw a bone or two on what is next for the underlying game engine. Finer grids? More AI? Interface redesign? Running LOS checks on the video processor?

Who's upset ? I'm not upset ;) It was very civilized ( I always try to remain civilized) compared to what you can read elsewhere on the internet :rolleyes:

Ah, so "no ETA for this product" at this time. Thanks!

Really looking forward to it though!

The rough estimate of BFC is usually 4-6 weeks after announcement of preorders (it might be longer though if they run into unexpected complications). Fingers crossed it runs smooth.

Given how "beat up" Battlefront gets upon every new release, I can't imagine from a human standpoint wanting to put the game out before Christmas. There's just too much hassle and timing everyone's schedule around holidays from now until after New Year, at least in my world, can be a total bear (pun intended).

I'd love to see it sometime in mid-December, but I'd much rather have Battlefront comfortable with their product and ready to give it the red carpet treatment for the rollout and hectic period following any release in separating the actual bugs and technical issues from the chaff.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. CMBS will be with us soon enough I'm sure! :)

Given how "beat up" Battlefront gets upon every new release, I can't imagine from a human standpoint wanting to put the game out before Christmas. There's just too much hassle and timing everyone's schedule around holidays from now until after New Year, at least in my world, can be a total bear (pun intended).

I'd love to see it sometime in mid-December, but I'd much rather have Battlefront comfortable with their product and ready to give it the red carpet treatment for the rollout and hectic period following any release in separating the actual bugs and technical issues from the chaff.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. CMBS will be with us soon enough I'm sure! :)

pfft. What hippy touchy-feely nonsense. There is money to be made in holiday sales, when no one dares look at their credit card statements. Death march to release!

I'd love to see it before Cristmas but it migh be inhumane to expec this of BF staff :D

Besides our bank balances might not cope with the extra Christmas related strain :D

Usually as a rule you don't release anything right after Christmas because people would have spent too much money already during the holidays. You try to get a release before or during the holidays.

Understood...but I don't think BFC is necessarily bound to that pattern. The reason being that their sales are not so much the "grab it as soon as it comes out" type. Of a certainty there is some of that as we see on the board, but I suspect that the bulk of their sales come in a more measured pace, long term. Thus, the precise timing of releases matters less because those buyers will show up when they will.

Michael