50 cals of Combat Mission, Oddballs Soundmod [VIDEO]

The screams are not from CoH.

Well, maby some of the long moaning ones since those are from waclaws mod.

But my patented (not really) high-pitched screams are from some ww2 mod for operation flashpoint back in the day (yes, they're over 10 years old. Hence no credit to whomever made them in the readme file, since I simply don't know).

Anyway, they're easily removed if you don't have the stoumache for it ;)

Glad your not so final sound mod definitely wasn't final.

Yeah hehe, I really was fooling myself with that name :D

I really thought I would be able to just release that mod and then never touch the sounds again...

Well, as long as Oddball can afford the game :)

Although, with CMRT, I did have a benefactor who bought the game for me since I couldn't afford it. :D

I'll be eternally grateful for that.

Maybe we should set up a CM-charity cause for all poor grogs out there who can't afford the games. Talk about a life saver.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I have no complaints about the 50 cals at the moment. They work and sounds just fine, but I'm open to improvements.

I'm playing a game against the AI where my Hellcats are spraying Hannomags with 50 cal.

Gotta say the 50 cals combined with hit decals is quite impressive. You can see the bullet patterns and they are pretty accurate IMO. You can see why they tell you short bursts and take advantage of the "shotgun effect" is sage advice.

just my .02 cents but 50 cal should be louder and more distinct.

I'd have to say it's pretty good for a DShK. Too fast for an M2.

I just got CMRT the other day and it's the first CM game I've played since Barbarossa to Berlin. Is the DShK even in CMRT? I haven't run across one yet.

Very meaty sound - I like it. You've convinced me that I don't want to be on the wrong end of one of them! Volume seems ok to me.

What Russian weapons would use that sound? The current vanilla heavy mg sounds seem very odd to me.

Well, the DshK uses russian .50 cal (12.7mm but longer than the western ones).

I'd have to say it's pretty good for a DShK. Too fast for an M2.

I just got CMRT the other day and it's the first CM game I've played since Barbarossa to Berlin. Is the DShK even in CMRT? I haven't run across one yet.

You can't really say it's "too fast" since I don't set the rate of fire.

The game sets the rate of fire, I only pick what sound it will make each time a shot is fired.

So if the M2 sounds too fast for you, that's not going to change if you remove my sound.

The DShK was recently patched in.

EDIT: Also, please note that I have two different sounds for the two calibers. There's one specific sound for the russians and one specific sound for the americans.

So the M2 does not sound the same as the DshK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...